Backend Software Engineer
At mimacom we like active minds. Do you like to attend events, write blogposts or be the speaker of a congress? At mimacom we love that you do it! We are hungry for technology.
From our offices in Europe and the USA we offer innovative IT Consulting solutions to local and global clients. We help them to optimize their technological solutions to give the best service to their clients. Because your success is our success. Because each person counts. Because you will contribute to our growth.
If you want to continue growing with training and certifications. If you are interested in being part of a proactive team that seeks continuous improvement. If you want to have your space to express your own ideas and opinions. If you prefer to enjoy a very flexible schedule and work remotely… At mimacom we will love to meet you and grow with you!
- Proactive, team-player, open-minded personality with a passion for open source, new technologies and agile software development.
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer with a high level of proficiency in Java 8 and 11, Spring and Microservices.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with AWS is very valuable.
- Good level in both English and Spanish.
- Candidates must be based in Spain (or archipelagoes)
- Design and develop software with a strong microservices orientation (mainly in Java)
- Participate in the definition of user stories, as well as in the estimation and planning of tasks.
- Be part of a team that applies a continuous improvement model by doing pair programming, code reviews, etc.
- Collaborate in the communities of practice in which we do coding dojos, open spaces, lightning talk, etc. in order to deepen, share and acquire knowledge about design principles, types of architecture and software development in general.
- Bring code quality and good practices.
- Work with cutting edge technologies in an Open Source world, while boosting your career with certifications, trainings, conferences, events, etc.
- Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback and room to stand up for your own ideas. Feel free to investigate and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions.
- Be part of an Agile and international environment and enjoy freedom with responsibility: Create and design your own schedule with flexitime and choose between remote or office work.
- Participate in cool team events: recording of podcast episodes, Lunch&Learn, Coffee&Tech and many more!