See all jobs
Oct 22nd, 2021
Marketing Technology Manager
As a member of the Marketing Technology pod in the Performance Team at Udemy, you’ll be at the forefront of Udemy’s global customer acquisition efforts, contributing to Udemy’s mission of improving lives through learning by reaching and inspiring potential new students to learn through our platform.
As Marketing Technology Manager, you’ll drive the marketing technology innovations at Udemy for the performance marketing channels. Your goal is to ensure that the most relevant and advanced marketing tools and technologies are in place to support demand generation. To make that happen, you’ll work very closely with the Product and Engineering Team as well as the Data Science and Business Intelligence Teams.
The Performance Marketing Team’s priority is to ensure continuous growth at a global scale by acquiring new users to the platform. As such, an important focus will be on measurement initiatives such as attribution. Enablement of the Performance Marketing Team in a privacy-first ecosystem and marketing automation are also part of the role’s scope.
We're looking for an experienced, data-driven, proactive and detail-oriented marketer with a deep interest and knowledge in marketing technology. The ideal candidate thrives in cross-functional settings and has a heavy background in measurement and experience developing complex projects with Product, Engineering, Data Science and Business Intelligence teams.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Drive conversations with cross functional partners (Product, Engineering, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Procurement) as well as your Marketing peers for projects related to performance marketing enablement, automation and measurement including:
- Keep track of innovations (research) and lead conversations with third parties to build a best-in-class demand generation technology system
- Ensure that all marketing processes are compliant with regulatory requirements (CCPA, GDPR etc.)
- Own the creation and management of events and audiences data
- Develop SQL queries or scripts and build dashboards to solve the Performance Marketing Team’s pain points
- Recommendations (identifying opportunities and influencing the roadmap)
- Prioritization (building business cases)
- Execution (project managing on the marketing side)
- Marketing team members’ training to the new tools (owning the internal communication)
- Data analysis (building dashboards and measuring the outcomes of led projects)
We are excited about you because you have:
- 5+ years of experience working with marketing technologies in a high growth company
- Track record of delivering cross functional marketing technology projects with Product, Engineering, Data Science and/or Business Intelligence Teams
- Experience working with Performance Marketing metrics (CAC, ROI, LTV etc.)
- Clear understanding of Advertising Platforms (Google/Facebook) and their technical aspects (pixel, APIs etc.)
- Deep understanding of measurement concepts (attribution, incrementality etc.)
- Proficiency with SQL for data analysis and able to work with complex datasets
- A passion for online learning, and a desire to create opportunities that will change lives through learning globally
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency with PythonDeep interest in marketing technologies and a strong understanding of the latest developments and trends
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, managing timelines and deliverables for multiple projects at a time and able to prioritize
- Proactive and constantly looking for ways to improve how things work
- Familiarity with Looker, Mode, or similar data visualization tools.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity,passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News