See all jobs
Oct 22nd, 2021
Technical Account Specialist
Percona is an industry leader in providing elite services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open-source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
What's The Job?
In this role, you’ll be collaborating with our Support, Customer Success, and Sales teams to find opportunities to engage and provide value to our Percona Support customers. You’ll play an instrumental role in identifying services that are compelling for our high-value, at-risk, and/or low engagement customers. You’ll also work directly with customers in high leverage situations to facilitate resolutions regarding technical or customer experience concerns.
What You Will Do
- Work with Customer Success and Sales for ad-hoc reporting requests
- Assist the Support team with Consultative Support or Proactive Service requests as needed (ex. query audits, ticket reviews, schema reviews, etc...)
- Review technical customer interactions at a high level, specifically looking for ways to provide additional customer value
- Identify areas of value and opportunities to provide recommendations that will aid in contract renewals
- Handle ad hoc calls and requests from customers that may require additional technical assistance (technical and non-technical)
- Work with the Technical Account Manager (TAM) team to facilitate and handle short-term TAM engagements
- Manage the occasional technical escalation to assist with finding a resolution
- Collaborate with the wider Support team, the TAMs, and the CS teams
- Provide demonstrations of Percona tools and products where necessary
What You Have Done
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL
- Be analytical with the ability to create meaningful reports and recommendations
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in an SLA driven environment
- Operational and customer-focused mindset
- Strong grasp of written and verbal English
- Ability to work well across teams and communicate effectively both internally and with customers
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as needed
- Communicates clearly and professionally to convey confidence even when under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with Management at Customers/Partners in an escalation ownership and management capacity
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Enthused to expand your skillset with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference and customer visit
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Advanced knowledge of MariaDB, MongoDB and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift, and/or Docker
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Working knowledge of Percona products and tools
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open-source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries.
We offer a collaborative, highly engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.