See all jobs
Oct 25th, 2021
Manager, Customer Success Engineering EMEA
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is searching for an experienced technical leader to manage a team of exceptional Customer Success Technical Architects (CSTAs) in EMEA. Our CSE team serves as proactive and deeply technical guides to our customers as they adopt Confluent’s Streaming Data Platform. Many of these customers use Confluent’s products for strategic and mission critical use cases and your goal will be to help your team apply deep technical expertise to help them achieve their business objectives and get full value from Confluent’s suite of products. In this role you will focus on driving post-sales customer value and technical health while supporting business goals for renewal, expansion and strategic growth.
A typical week at Confluent in this role may involve:
- Managing Customer Success Technical Architects and acting as a mentor and coach to help them grow in their careers
- Support ongoing growth and development of the EMEA CSE team by owning staffing and hiring for your region
- Acting as a point of escalation for customers, and coming up with creative solutions to leverage cross-functional resources to solve customer issues
- Developing and improving our customer service offerings and engagement playbooks that align to our understanding of the customer journey
- Representing CSE leadership in the region, and collaborating with leadership from Support, Professional Services, Sales, and Customer Success Management teams to drive customer retention and expansion
- Implementing tracking and reporting to ensure high quality delivery by CSE team resources
- Investing in a culture of cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Identify product and technology gaps with customers and present a point of view to product and leadership teams
What we are looking for:
- Prior experience managing technical teams - the ideal candidate will have experience managing remote teams
- Prior experience working as a TAM, CSE or in another related customer-facing technical role (e.g. professional services, solutions engineering, etc.) that will enable you to coach CSTAs who report to you and develop programs/process to guide them
- A passion for process development and data driven decision making
- Strong experience handling both customer-facing and internally escalated issues
- Desire to make customers successful through direct interaction
- Excellent written and communication skills as well as customer-facing relationship development skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to apply those to Confluent’s business
- Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt to new, fast-changing situations
- Experience with major cloud providers such as GCP, AWS and Azure
- Prior experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
- Smart, humble and empatheticHard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can presentInquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.