See all jobs
Oct 27th, 2021
Director of People
Quartzy is looking for a Director of People to help us build and scale a world-class business and culture.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
You’ve been at a variety of companies, from different sizes to different stages, and you’ve seen what works and what doesn’t. You know how to take industry best practices and apply them to specific situations to get the best results. You’re completely comfortable handling the chaos that comes with working for a founder-led startup scaling from 75 to 150+. You’re accustomed to building on a solid foundation to really take a company to the next level. You aren’t afraid to share your opinion and drive change that aligns with the values and business strategy. And most importantly, you’re able to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done and lead the company’s people strategy all at the same time.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Lead all things people at Quartzy including a small but mighty team of two(recruiting leader and HR coordinator)
- Transform existing semi annual compensation review process to include the yet-to-be built career paths and leveling system
- Fully integrate Lattice to align to people initiatives by expanding the capabilities to include robust performance reviews, recognition and employee engagement
- Be a partner to the leadership team and managers to drive a high performance and accountability culture
- Manage the PEO(Justworks) relationship including partnering on compliance
- Lead and execute internal communications(Town Halls, State of the Start Up and other important communications)
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of HR experience across a broad range of HR facets
- Experience working in growth stage start ups scaling quickly
- Prior experience as a People Manager
- Experience working directly with founders and other executive team leaders at a startup with less than 100 employees is a plus
- A people leader with a common sense approach to HR
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.