See all jobs
Nov 10th, 2021
Vice President of Marketing
Quartzy is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to help spearhead the growth of our marketing organization and programs. To date, outbound lead generation coupled with strong word-of-mouth recommendations from existing users, has been our primary growth fuel. Having achieved product-market fit and strong consistent year on year growth, we are now poised to test and spend across other marketing channels to grow our customer base nationally. We are looking for an exceptional, world-class VP of Marketing to take charge, determine our long-term marketing strategy, and build and lead the marketing team to success.
You should be an experienced, energetic leader with deep knowledge in B2B SaaS marketing. Your primary focus will be demand gen. As the leader you will also be responsible for defining and positioning our brand, setting the team’s vision, and successfully managing all marketing initiatives that you will define. Success in this role requires strong curiosity, an appetite for data, and experience piloting small and large marketing initiatives. You will report to the CEO and serve on the leadership team.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 operations platform for the life-sciences industry. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our team is passionate about accelerating scientific research through well-designed, meaningful tools for labs and companies alike. We value openness, transparency, and good communication, because, after all, we are in this together.
What You'll Do
- Strategize: Develop long-term marketing strategies around existing and new market segments.
- Plan: Devise monthly, quarterly, and annual marketing targets based on company goals, and drive initiatives to hit those targets.
- Build: Recruit and manage the marketing team.
- Collaborate: Work with the sales, product, and marketplace teams to ensure universal on-brand messaging.
- Budget: Develop and manage the marketing budget, allocating resources to initiatives that move the needle.
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of marketing leadership experience in B2B SaaS companies
- Experience building and leading a world-class marketing teams
- Expertise in at least two of the following: email marketing, performance marketing, content marketing, product marketing, and event marketing.
- Strong technical aptitude, along with experience in relevant B2B marketing technologies
- Experience at a tech startup, particularly as it scaled.
- Strong analytical skills
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture -participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off -take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - we’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
- Internet Stipend - We cover a portion of the cost of your home internet
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.