See all jobs
Nov 11th, 2021
Senior Full Stack Engineer, UK
Quartzy is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer (React/PHP) who will join us to build and maintain clean, modern applications. Our platform consists of two primary products including a SaaS based inventory management platform and an e-commerce shop for inventory ordering.
The ideal person would have a background working with B2B SaaS platforms or mission-critical systems facilitating e-commerce. You’re a self-starter with a bias for action and can take projects from start to finish. You like to work with a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production daily. Occasionally, you end the day with more lines of code removed than added; and that feels great. You’re motivated by our mission to accelerate the Life Science industry by the building tools to accelerate research & development.
You are a forward thinker with an eye for detail and a passion for building beautiful user interfaces with your team. You have a collaborative mindset, but you are also decisive and can prioritize what needs to get done to achieve business outcomes. You ceaselessly endeavor to understand the root problems customers face before entertaining solutions. You understand business objectives and work to balance speed and quality in product development. Most of all, you are a builder and a problem solver at heart, and you seek to develop thoughtful solutions that will delight our customers.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Leverage technologies like React and Ember.js as well as other front-end frameworks to build web applications
- Work closely with our Product Managers, Product Designers, and other UX team members to create elegant software and intuitive user interfaces using React, Ember, and PHP
- Build, maintain, and grow cross-team frameworks and component libraries for the Quartzy platform’s UI
- Collaborate with and occasionally lead other Engineers working on new product features developing robust, high quality and scalable solutions
- Participate in our cross-functional collaborative scrum processes
- Actively participate in code reviews to share UI best practices and domain knowledge, and to ensure code quality
- Write well-tested code that is resilient to heavy iteration.
- Participate in knowledge sharing opportunities and contribute to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of full stack web application software engineering experience predominantly using PHP
- 3+ years of experience working with React on a production application
- Experience writing responsive and accessible applications across multiple experiences and form factors
- Familiarity with RESTful endpoints to connect React applications to back-end services
- Appreciation for UX design and usability with an eye for detail
- Ability to write code that supports automated UI testing frameworks
- Experience working with MySQL, MariaDB, or other RDMS
- Ability to work full-stack when needed
What We Offer
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!