See all jobs
Dec 3rd, 2021
Engineering Manager II - Front End
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role - 100% Remote
Engineering Manager II is the first manager level where we expect people management to be the majority of your focus, you should be totally removed from your team's technical contribution critical path. However you may still be expected to write and review code from time to time. Engineering managers generally lead a single, larger team responsible for multiple projects, drive all the hiring and interviewing for it, mentor and guide the career development of their direct reports, and work closely with their product partners to prioritize and scope work. The goal for a Engineering Manager II is to deeply understand all the technology used by your team, own the production operation and monitoring of your projects, manage your team members careers, expectations, performance and level of happiness, adjust the team processes by listening to feedback and guiding the team through the changes whilst ensuring that the changes you make impact not only your team but also other teams that your primary team collaborates with.
- 6+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience planning Software Engineers careers, coaching them to promotion
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Experience hiring talented engineers, you have a clear understanding of what it takes to be an excellent Software Engineer.
- Clear passion for both software engineering and Crypto
- 8+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- 4+ years of experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams within a large technology organization or from the ground up at a fast growing startup
- Experience driving solutions to key business problems, even if the requirements are not clear
- Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS, TypeScript, React (or React Native)
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-LM1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know