See all jobs
Dec 15th, 2021
Senior Data Scientist
At Nova Credit, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first global infrastructure for financial identity to seamlessly move around the world. We’re passionate about financial inclusion, and committed to building a diverse and fulfilling work culture.
The Senior Data Scientist role will be part of the Data & Analytics team within Nova Credit where you will play an essential role in researching, designing and building Nova Credit’s global data and analysis strategy. You will serve as a conduit to bring key functions together, including data partnerships, risk & analytics, product & engineering, and customer success to develop and implement Nova Credit’s core data systems. You will work with customer-facing teams to analytically demonstrate the strength of Nova Credit’s products and services. Ultimately, your role is to ensure that Nova Credit’s products deliver high quality predictive risk signals. Every initiative you work on will be critical for the company’s success.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL
- Learn Nova Credit’s Cash Flow Analytics strategy
- Learn data and process flows within Nova Credit
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL
- Design and support the development and enhancement efforts of Cash Flow Engine using Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL
- Design and develop models / scores using bank transaction data focused on Credit Risk and Affordability
- Relevant PhD or MS preferred (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research)
- 4+ Years Experience in working with data / models/ Machine Learning
- Experience in Machine Learning methods and tools (required)
- Experience in using Python (required)
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (preferred)
- Consumer Credit Risk knowledge (preferred)
- Above all, creativity and curiosity to explore complex data with an open mind to extract usable information from the data
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.