See all jobs
Dec 15th, 2021
Software Engineering Manager
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our team. Redox’s purpose is to make healthcare data useful. Our platform enables the frictionless adoption of technology in healthcare by building reusable infrastructure for scaling companies. Redox processes over 20 million messages per day at 500+ hospitals and health systems.
In this role, you will lead core product Engineering squads. These teams are focused on creating an intuitive and delightful user experience while ensuring stability, accuracy, and throughput for near real time transaction processing. You will collaborate across the Product Management, Product Delivery, Security, and Engineering organizations to create change and empower the success of our application developers. All our team members are distributed, spread across the United States.
- You have built highly effective, inclusive, and psychologically safe application engineering teams that are capable of effectively addressing changing product needs and priorities.
- You are intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn, skilled at mentorship and coaching, and passionate about growing engineers and future leaders.
- You contribute to organizational excellence and culture both within engineering and beyond. You work with peers in other departments to create greater alignment, autonomy, and execution of plans. You create and foster engineering and agile development best practices and empower engineers to autonomously and consistently deliver business outcomes. You operate with a bias towards action to create a positive impact.
- You understand product development, are comfortable with varying degrees of certainty, and want to apply what you know at a growth-stage company. You are passionate about building a vision, creating a strategy, and breaking it down into actionable tactical plans that connect the work of your team(s) to business outcomes.
- You have led teams through evaluating and making decisions around business tradeoffs and risks in their solutions. You coach teams towards thinking more holistically about their solutions over a longer time horizon as they solve more complex problems.
- You are driven by a desire to understand our customers and care about their experience. You may have worked in the healthcare or interoperability space, and would be excited about shaping the configuration, analytics, and error handling experiences for connections to hundreds of healthcare data providers, and guiding integrations with various data formats, standards, and communication methods.
Things you'll do:
- Be accountable for the overall impact of multiple squads.
- Coach, mentor, and grow responsible engineers and create teams that autonomously and consistently own business outcomes.
- Manage team members with a combination of coaching, mentoring, and expectation setting, helping them to grow in their careers and reach new levels of autonomy and impact.
- Help connect team members to our mission, the company, and each other as they go about their daily work.
- Identify and address any current and future skill gaps through mentorship, education, and hiring.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders to influence technical and product direction.
- Help shape the evolution of the entire engineering organization by helping it adapt to the changing needs of the business; this might involve being an agent of change in hiring, organizational structure, and/or planning and execution processes.
- Engage with customers and other industry leaders to share challenges, best practices, and future direction.
- Debug and address interpersonal, team process, and cross-team or stakeholder collaboration issues.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. https://hbr.org/2014/08/why-women-dont-apply-for-jobs-unless-theyre-100-qualified
About Redox - Take a look here: https://youtu.be/4OjENXR6UXA
What We Do
Healthcare organizations and technology vendors connect to Redox once, then authorize what data they send to and receive from partners through a centralized hub. Redox's cloud-based platform is vendor and standards agnostic and enables the secure and efficient exchange of healthcare data.
This approach eradicates the need for point-to-point integrations and accelerates the discovery, adoption, and distribution of patient and provider-facing technology solutions. With hundreds of healthcare organizations and technology vendors exchanging data today, Redox represents the largest interoperable network in healthcare. Learn how you can leverage the Redox platform at www.redoxengine.com.
Other Stuff About Us
Redox is an EEO company. We fully support the diversity of our team! Here's a recent blog post about our stance on diversity and belonging: Diversity at Redox
We believe in holding ourselves to a high standard of conduct. Here's how we think about this: Redox Code of Conduct
Successful candidates must be eligible to be employed in the US, and must reside in the US.
Thank you for your interest in Redox!