See all jobs
Dec 21st, 2021
Sr. Manager, Field Marketing - West & Central
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
The Sr. Manager, Field Marketing - West & Central is the regional PipeGen Officer responsible for the strategy to build and scale efficient go-to-market plans, partnering with Sales management, and engaging customers and prospects with targeted campaigns and high-touch field marketing activities to build pipeline and drive predictable revenue to meet the growth objectives of the business - with a strong emphasis on new pipeline in both enterprise and commercial accounts, as well as accelerating pipeline velocity. The role reports to the Director, Americas Field Marketing and will also support strong partnerships with Sales management, as well as key stakeholders within the Marketing organization.
What you'll do
- Lead the West and Central field marketing team
- Support a cross-functional team consisting of sales leaders, account executives, sales development reps, and partner development managers
- Act as a trusted, strategic partner to sales leadership, understanding West and Central region goals and needs
- Build and execute the regional marketing strategy and plan aligned to sales priorities, pipeline and revenue goals
- Be hyper-focused on flawless execution of field marketing plans, delivering a superior end-user experience
- Work closely with business development and partner marketing to develop and execute joint partner programs aligned to regional marketing strategy and plan
- Collaborate with marketing stakeholders to identify the most relevant marketing messages, use cases, assets, channels, and calls to action for personas and account segments in the Central region
- Work closely with global campaigns to leverage a consistent campaign strategy, messaging and assets in regional field marketing programs
- Align and collaborate with sales enablement and SDR teams to increase program adoption and ensure SLAs for lead follow-up are met
- Be responsible for reporting to accurately measure business impact on pipeline/bookings (sourced/influenced), database growth and account/persona engagement
- Review, analyze, and communicate West and Central performance using a data-driven approach
- Manage West and Central regional budget, pipeline targets and reporting
- Have the ability to travel up to 30% (when it is again safe to do so)
What we’re looking for
- 7-10+ years of proven field marketing experience within enterprise software/SaaS, including experience managing a small team
- Experience working closely with Sales to create a strategy to deliver and scale regional marketing plans across enterprise and commercial account segments
- Proven track record of generating pipeline in net new logos and expanding customer accounts
- Data-driven mindset with an understanding of pipeline management and metrics, and a focus on quantifiable outcomes derived from field marketing programs
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally across sales, business development, partner marketing, campaigns, customer marketing and marketing operations
- Proactive self-starter, demonstrating high initiative and critical thinking. Proven ability to think strategically, but with flawless attention to detail in execution
- Positive, can-do attitude with demonstrated ability to achieve results working cross-functionally with sales management, SDR and partner leadership, as well as extended marketing teams
- Self-motivated, innovative, with the ability to work both independently and within close teams in a fast-paced remote work environment, and the ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to develop and measure an evolving plan with strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to clearly communicate new ideas, programs, processes and outcomes to both internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with the flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a high-growth organization
- Domestic travel to support customer-facing events ~30% (when it is safe to do so)
What gives you and edge
- Hands-on CRM/marketing automation tools, preferably Salesforce and Marketo
- Experience with tools including Splash, Jira and Asana a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.