See all jobs
Dec 21st, 2021
Customer Marketing Manager
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role
At Confluent, our #1 core value is Customer Love. Join a team and company who strives to earn our customers’ love in all that we do. As a rapidly growing company with offices worldwide, we are looking for a passionate Customer Marketing Manager to join our Reference and Advocacy team of rockstars. You will hit the ground running to progress existing initiatives to recruit new customer advocates and align them with internal and external activities. You will work cross functionally with marketing, sales, product marketing and customer success, to source, secure and create impactful customer stories. At the center of the role is the customer, with whom you will foster meaningful relationships while leading the creation of high impact stories and content that promote their successes using Confluent.
What You Will Do:
- Identify, grow, nurture and delight customers willing to support public activities such as case studies, PR, AR, films, speakerships and more
- Manage and track the lifecycle of identification, nurture through activity completion within customer marketing database
- Partner with customer marketing peers to build, track and report on advocate willingness, attributes and completed activities
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, product and customer success to create customer evidence such as: case studies, video, blogs, videos
- Work with marketing partners to infuse customer assets into their various digital channels, programs and campaigns
- Support the identification and creation of customer participants for internal events, training, summits and sales education
- Support strategic EMEA and APAC customer stories
What You Will Bring:
- 3+ years experience in marketing, with 2+ years focused on customer marketing or customer advocacy role and experience in a customer-facing role
- 1+ years experience in a high growth environment
- Passionate about working directly with customers to nurture, create and execute on assets that tell their story and promote key business objectives
- Develop stories in tight connection with the company narrative and goals
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with sales, product marketing, product management, partner marketing, customer success and the executive team
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, written and verbal skills
- Organized and ambitious with ability to prioritize, multitask and organize workload
- Strong project management skills
- Cool under pressure, a team player that also works well independently
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with Salesforce, Seismic, ReferenceEdge, SlapFive a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.