See all jobs
Dec 28th, 2021
Professional Services Consultant
We’re thrilled to announce our new name Firstup!
Firstup is fundamentally changing how organizations communicate and is the backbone of the entire
Digital Employee Experience. From the front line to the C-suite, we help deliver targeted information at
the right time, in the right place, and in the right language. We are unifying the digital workplace and
giving workers personalized access to all the systems, resources, and applications they need to do their
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to connect every worker. This movement has taken root and is
evident in our world-class customer base and their millions of employees worldwide. Now we need your
help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
We are seeking a Professional Services Consultant who is comfortable operating at the intersection of technology and business. This position is a good fit for the strong generalist who is comfortable taking on a variety of integral functions including solution development, product configuration, configuration testing, and customer support during implementations. Successful candidates must be comfortable with learning and understanding how to use new software products and have a passion for working with customers to achieve their objectives with appropriate use of our software products.
The Professional Services Consultant will spend ~ 50-75% of their time interacting with our customers via email, phone, Zoom, and in-person meetings which will require strong communication skills. They will work closely with Project Managers and other Technical Consultants to complete new customer on-boarding quickly and efficiently. The ideal candidate must have the ability to pick up and act on non-verbal communication and varying customer styles. As customer priorities change and many different work streams compete for time and attention, managing a relatively high velocity of change should be within the candidate's comfort zone.
The ideal candidate will also have experience and interest in customizing solutions to business’ communication challenges. Work product will range from documenting customer requirements, configuring our product per customer requirements, building in-platform solutions, developing project materials and internal documentation to helping customers use the new product per project scope. The Professional Services Consultant will collaborate with resources across our internal Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Product teams during an implementation and should have a proven ability to prioritize workload and manage time as appropriate, keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Quickly gain proficiency in internal communication, employee advocacy, and Firstup’s service offerings.
- Apply acquired knowledge of Firstup’s product and service offerings to deliver high-value on-boarding and expansion service engagements to our customers.
- Provide strategic and tactical consulting related to Firstup service offerings and customer business objectives.
- Confirm all platform configuration and customer responsibilities required during implementation are completed according to specifications with quality.
- Cultivate and manage ongoing relationships with clients throughout the implementation on their use of our platform.
- Contribute to the development of best practices, methodologies documentation.
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the organization to address and resolve customer issues impacting implementations.
- Work in conjunction with the assigned Project Manager and Technical Consultants to manage ongoing customer communications and share relevant updates with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work cross functionally to transition and handoff customers to other parts of the Customer Experience team, specifically Customer Success and Support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related field.
- A distinct passion for technology and an understanding of the marketing / communications technology landscape.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including outstanding persuasion and presentation skills, with the skill to communicate throughout an organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- 2-3 years experience delivering consulting services.
- Strong client presence with an ability to facilitate discussions and present ideas.
- Motivated, driven and self-assured.
Every Employee is an Owner with responsibility and credit for our progress
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive