See all jobs
Dec 30th, 2021
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role
Kraken is looking for an SEO Manager to join our organic growth marketing team. This person will develop and own both onsite and offsite SEO strategies. They will execute and lead SEO projects and will support product teams in SEO optimization where relevant. This position will report to the Global SEO Lead.
As SEO Manager, you will be responsible for growing new user acquisition by driving relevant organic search traffic to Kraken’s web properties—including support for new product launches.
- Manage a pod of Technical SEO and Outreach Specialists
- Develop an SEO strategy to grow organic search traffic and conversions that align with larger company goals and priorities; execute against that roadmap; and track performance
- Grow and refine Kraken’s keyword strategy
- Develop and own processes to ensure ongoing SEO site health and maintenance.
- Contribute SEO expertise to the overall website strategy and collaborate with teammates to build new landing pages that drive relevant traffic by meeting search intent
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to implement SEO-friendly technical changes
- Collaborate with the Content Strategy team to develop and optimize content for search
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and communicate important information or changes to key stakeholders
- Perform audits, research, and competitive analysis as necessary
- You love to learn as much as you like to get stuff done
- Experience managing a team of 3 or more people
- Exceptional presentation and narrative compression skills
- A well-rounded background in SEO, including on-page, off-site, and technical SEO
- An analytical and strategic thinker. You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Thinks strategically and understands how SEO impacts overall website, marketing, and business strategies
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively, depending on the project.
- Builds strong, positive working relationships across departments and functions, with an ability to create buy-in and have conversations on technical aspects with an engineer, business outcomes with a product marketer, and editorial - - SEO requirements with the content team
- Utilizes data (both quantitative and qualitative) to understand patterns, make decisions, and identify opportunities
Nice to have
- Experience in consumer growth or product management is preferred, but not required
- Experience working on a high-traffic website
- Have a passion for crypto and blockchain technology
#EU #US #LI-AG1 #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know