See all jobs
Dec 30th, 2021
Technical SEO Associate
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role
As a Technical SEO Associate at Kraken, you’ll be responsible for optimizing the technical aspects of our logged out websites to increase organic search performance. This position will report to the SEO Manager.
If this sounds like a dream opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
- Drive organic traffic to Kraken’s digital properties
- Help execute the SEO strategic plan with guidance from SEO Managers
- Identify back-end and front-end opportunities to improve organic search results
- Perform technical audits and analysis and make recommendations to improve site health, including auditing page load performance
- Consult with product, front-end and back-end developers, design and UX team members on technical SEO opportunities
- Advise on prioritization on key web technical improvements
- Analyze and advise on linking strategies across multiple Kraken web properties
- Monitor and troubleshoot site crawling software and reports
- Assess and develop recommendations for how to respond to SEO trends and algorithm changes
- Automate SEO tasks in order to scale team effectiveness
- Help teach and train the broader organization on SEO best practices
- Build dashboards, metrics and reports to accurately represent results
- Conduct tests and research to prove or disprove hypotheses related to technical SEO
- Proactively stay at the forefront of the SEO industry and its constant changes through personal development, networking and training
- Ability to communicate and drive change regarding complex information to product, front-end and back-end developers, design, and content teams
- SEO-related technical skills including applied knowledge of bot behavior monitoring, server log analysis, keyword research, link building, on-page optimization, modifying robots.txt files, XML Sitemaps, writing .htaccess rules, understanding rel="canonical", server- vs. client-side rendering and mobile-first development methodology
- Proficiency with JIRA, Botify (or similar), Screaming Frog, STAT, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Confluence, Slack and other modern search technologies
- Expertise with data analytics tools like Google Analytics 360
- Comfortable with slide decks and spreadsheets
- Experience optimizing for or working with regional search engines like Baidu, Naver, Yandex, Daum, Sogou, etc.
- Experience with SEO A/B testing and conversion rate optimization
- Experience or expertise with data visualization tools like Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Familiarity with content management systems for large web ecosystems (e.g., Sanity, Drupal)
Nice to have
- Experience in consumer growth is preferred, but not required.
- Experience building internal tools to drive SEO results is preferred, but not required.
- Have a passion for crypto, web3 and blockchain technology.
#EU #US #LI-AG1 #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know