See all jobs
Dec 30th, 2021
Business Manager - Customer Success Group
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
In this role you will play a critical role in executing against key strategic and operational priorities in partnership with CSG leadership. Through a combination of building relationships, assisting with strategic organizational initiatives, and consolidating and communicating business performance, the Business Manager will support the SVP of Global Success & Services as well as the needs of the larger global, fast-growing organization.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a partner to the SVP of Global Success & Services, shaping the leadership team’s internal business cadence. Support strategic / ops planning cycles for the organization; take ownership over the execution of and progress reporting against plans and major initiatives.
- Lead quarterly planning and QBRs (quarterly business reviews). Communicate performance, highlight accomplishments, and identify challenges for the business to facilitate appropriate management, decision-making, and course correction as needed.
- Build materials and assist with messaging, to support executive leadership and ecosystem audiences on the state of the business and strategic direction (e.g., All Hands, Sales Conference, staff meetings, run-the-business reviews).
- Develop recurring cadences for review and communication of key priorities and insights. Establish analytical frameworks, metrics, and visualizations to measure ongoing business performance against targets.
- Understand each GSS business and related challenges, to support decision making and prioritization across teams. Liaise with regional counterparts to ensure scale and best-practice sharing across all global teams, working together to create standard processes and streamline operations. Champion and help scale initiatives being driven at a global level, acting as the liaison into critical resources within the leadership team to ensure successful rollout of programs into the field.
- Work with Strategy and Operations teams to provide input into the vision for reporting and KPIs.
- Support leadership in developing headcount allocation and operating models, ensure teams are resourced properly to drive value for our customers.
- Lead cross-functional extended teams to implement programs or initiatives as well as drive accountability and results.
- Contribute to the development of team brand and culture, drive diversity and inclusion in the organization with an aim of achieving a high performing, healthy team.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 5+ years of related experience (e.g., customer success, professional services, program management, operations)
- ‘Chief of Staff’ mentality when working with leadership – you can be the trusted eyes and ears of projects and can communicate progress and areas that need attention both articulately and succinctly
- Independent leadership and ability to drive results in a self-directed environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance creative thought with honed critical judgment and analytical acumen
- Facility for building strong rapport with partners across multiple functional areas
- Effective listener, persistent and creative problem solver
- Hungry for impact and responsibilities, execution and results-oriented
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.