See all jobs
Jan 3rd, 2022
Senior Product Manager - Payments Team
We believe that diversity is the building block of a great culture and company! Great healthcare technology is meant for everyone, so we believe our company should be, too. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply!
Our mission is to build a technology platform that enables medical practices of all sizes to make care more informed, more personalized, more interactive, and more adaptable. Our platform has been used by thousands of physicians who in turn have provided care to millions of patients.
A little about DrChrono:
✅ We serve tens of thousands of healthcare providers and over 32+ million patients 🩺
✅ DrChrono was the first EHR to build a native app for the iPad and iPhone 📱
✅ First mobile and cloud-based ambulatory EHR / EMR to be an Apple Mobility Partner
✅ The youngest company to be included in the US Government Precision Medicine Initiative
✅ The #1 EHR as voted by doctors, and the #1 mobile EHR as voted by Black Book for the last 9 years! 🔥
✅ We were just awarded the MedTech Breakthrough Award 2021 for Best Electronic Health Record Service 🏆🎉
✅ During Apple's recent worldwide developer conference, it was announced that DrChrono will be among the first to support iOS 15 feature allowing patients to share Apple Health App data with providers! 🤩
Our products can be completely tailored to any medical practice—small, large, or specialty—and are open to third-party innovation via a robust API.
Our people and the enthusiasm for healthcare are contagious. We’re one of the most tech-forward healthcare players in the EHR industry and our philosophy “more time with patients, less time doing paperwork” drives constant innovation throughout the company.
The Senior Product Manager- Payments will report directly to the Director of Product and own the development of DrChrono’s next-generation medical billing system from the ground up. You will act as the interface between stakeholders in Accounting, Medical Billing, and Clinical to gather and synthesize requirements, propose solutions, define tickets, and work directly with Engineering to build software to automate our medical billing processes.
You will have an incredible responsibility owning the definition and product development for the revenue engine powering DrChrono’s business. You must have prior experience in a sophisticated medical billing environment, processing claims, validations, and bring with you a deep understanding of coding and the role of billers. You must be driven by an exceptionally detail-orientated passion to build systems and processes automated by software. You will work closely with dedicated billing software engineers and will be directly tasked with taking DrChrono’s billing function to the next level through automation and accurate financial reporting.
- Understand and define requirements for payer contracts’ front-end workflow processes, claim cycle, charge capture, follow-up, ERA/EFT, denial workflows, collections processes, reimbursement methodologies, ANSI 5010 file types, billing claim forms, in a multi-payer environment including Commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare, and deliver practice reporting requirements, including CPT/HCPCS/NDC codes, Quality Reporting/ CMS Star reporting, and HEDIS
- Develop, manage and own DrChrono’s billing product roadmap, including systems to automate, report and manage cost estimations, payment status, and remittance, working with payers, Medicare, and vendors
- Own the relationship with eligibility vendors, including troubleshooting and acting as our interface to submit and track support tickets through to their resolution by vendors
- Development and integration of third-party platforms as needed (e.g. Stripe, ClearingHouse)
- Deliver system implementation of Federal and State billing guidelines and best practices
- Establish a definitive and up-to-date and centralized repository of all existing and new payer contracts with Business Development, Marketing, and Finance, for the purpose of ensuring accuracy in our claims system
- Capture requirements around DrChrono’s complex billing logic by working with key stakeholders
- Work closely with DrChrono billers to understand current systems, processes, and functions in order to understand what to automate and in what order
- Define billing products and systems, create tickets in JIRA
- Work closely with finance, accounting, and accounts receivables
- Prior experience managing medical billing systems, coding, claims, and eligibility software - whether using modern APIs or legacy platforms
- Keen to document processes billing and claims systems
- Analytical thinker, excited to automate complex manual processes using software to accurately and efficiently scale volume 10x
- Results-driven and passionate about advancing the most patient-friendly billing experience in the healthcare industry
- Excited to develop products that make a measurable impact on real lives every single day, 365 days a year
- Must have an understanding of insurance eligibility
- Must be versed in CMS billing guidelines for seniors (Medicare and Medicare Advantage)
- Deep expertise in the following areas: Translating EOB, Applying a fee schedule, Knowing when a deductible or coinsurance should be applied, Knowing when a claim is scrubbed/failed/rejected/paid, Knowing where to find codes and what codes to apply based on age/services rendered, Knowledge of HCFA forms, When a claim needs to be refunded or is billed incorrectly vs coded incorrectly, ie sometimes wrong codes vs sometimes billed the wrong insurance
- At least 5 years experience in a Medical Billing function, ideally in a technical or technology role, building or managing billing systems
- 3 + years experience building and shipping products or services, preferably from scratch
- US Healthcare Domain Knowledge REQUIRED.
- CSPO: Certified Scrum Product Owner BONUS.
- Understanding of billing practices and Revenue Cycle fundamentals
- Prior experience in Project Management, or Product Management role(s)
- Experience in an Agile development environment or technology-driven environment
- Experience writing product requirements in tickets (using JIRA and/or other ticketing systems)
- Experiencing managing a product roadmap
- Prior experience documenting billing systems, coding, claims, and remittance processes
- Fluent with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Fluent in building flow charts, business
- Fluent in analytics methodology and tools (e.g. Metabase, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with surveys, market research, and analysis