See all jobs
Jan 3rd, 2022
Product Marketing Manager, Pro Traders
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About Kraken Product Marketing
Kraken is scaling the product marketing org to match our increasing breadth of new, charismatic products and rapidly expanding customer base. You will be our current customer's voice and advocate as you work cross-functionally with product, brand, design, engineering, and customer engagement. We are building the strongest product marketing practice in tech. We operate at the unique intersection of fintech, crypto, and marketing. We focus on quality in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets. Join our 🚀 before we take off!
We are looking for a crypto-curious Product Marketer to join the Kraken Pro team and help us make big bets enhancing Pro clients’ experience of Kraken’s Pro trading products and services. In this role, you will be conducting inbound research to understand the motivations, expectations and needs of Pro trader clients, and crafting and executing marketing strategies that bring tailored products to the market. You’ll be the bridge between product management, growth marketing, content, and user experience research, and will collaborate cross-functionally, advising key stakeholders on go-to-market strategy. Get ready for an incredible growth opportunity as we scale this team.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Conduct and coordinate quantitative and qualitative inbound marketing research efforts to empathize and confirm what our target clients love and need most from Kraken
• Plan and execute go-to-market strategies for new products, features, enhancements, and token listings by forming the positioning and messaging
• Plan lifecycle marketing and retention, resurrection, and retargeting campaigns for our current client base to help steer their journey and discover new products
• Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals
• Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker
• Keep an astronaut’s mindset: pivot from the micro-details on the ground up to the bigger picture macro view and back down again
• Use sound product sense in marketing every day: identify the problem we are solving for, our hypothesis, what goals we will set and how we measure them, what channels are best to use, what we should do now, and how we can scale and automate
• Be an owner: step up and take the lead on challenging, ambiguous work
Who You Are
• You have a minimum of 3+ years of previous experience in product marketing, martech product management, or lifecycle marketing within a B2C context. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Preferred experience in B2C fintech, investtech, trading products, retail investing and trading products, or cryptocurrency
• You are data-driven, research focused, and take on new initiatives
• You are an advocate for Pro client needs with an ability to embody the client at each step of the journey and litmus test product and marketing strategy ideas through the perspective of client wants and needs
• You are an active trader or know enough about the persona from your work that you can naturally articulate the needs, pain points, and opportunities for traders
• Concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
• Experience with multiple marketing channels and a history of focus on the right message for the right customer on the right channel (at the right time!)
• Ally to product managers and other marketers, often volunteering to test alphas/betas, lead inbound customer research, and seek diverse perspectives
• The antithesis of a lone wolf: you clearly communicate and involve stakeholders early and often and work to secure buy-in, address concerns, and incorporate feedback
• You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind
#EU #US #LI-Remote #LI-AM1#CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know