See all jobs
Jan 4th, 2022
Senior EDD Compliance Associate - EMEA
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Kraken is expanding our rapidly growing compliance team comprised of talented and motivated individuals. We are looking for a capable compliance associate to join the team of motivated financial/technology professionals and work with our teams worldwide, and be part of the expert global compliance group.
Kraken is looking for experienced Senior EDD Compliance Associates in the EMEA timezones; they should have the demonstrated ability to conduct customer risk assessments, monitoring of high-risk customers, help to ensure associates' work quality, and support management as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong background in international compliance standards as well as international know your customer (KYC) requirements, customer onboarding, and customer risk assessments. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively between multiple teams in the organization. They should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and they are committed to the values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation.
- Represent the company as a professional AML/CTF compliance expert with all parties, internal and external
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for KYC/EDD and provide support for Client Engagement teams on Compliance related issues
- Support the EDD team leads with quality assurance checks, training and mentorship of Client Engagement agents
- Manage various communication channels and provide timely responses to all stakeholders
- Consistently make appropriate decisions regarding potential watchlist matches with accurate documentation of analysis and escalation to appropriate parties when necessary
- Perform due diligence/enhanced due diligence on customers, partners, vendors as required
- Develop and maintain periodic reports for various business functions
- Communicate effectively to coordinate cross-functional projects
- Identify and develop workflow efficiencies
- Draft policies/procedure updates, as required
- Respond to customer complaints, correspondent banking partner requests, and 314(b) inquiries as required
- Based in EMEA timezones
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years’ experience in a compliance role at a financial institution or equivalent
- Knowledge of international KYC requirements
- Extensive knowledge of AML high risk entity types and required documentation
- Familiar with international sanctions and/or various government watchlists
- CAMS certification preferred
- The ability to act independently to analyze a customer’s risk; capably and effectively research compliance regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical/problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities on a daily basis, take ownership of work product, and consistently deliver results
- Adaptability to global business needs, and ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know