See all jobs
Jan 4th, 2022
Global SEO Lead
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Kraken is looking for a Global SEO Lead to drive the strategy and execution of our SEO efforts.
The Global SEO Lead will manage a team of talented SEO Managers, Technical SEO and Outreach Specialists. You will partner with our product, engineering, content, design and PR teams to drive exponential results from organic search. This position will report to the Organic Growth Lead.
We’re looking for a SEO leader who has a proven track record growing organic search results using a product-led approach, experience managing a global team, and is an expert collaborator who knows how to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like a dream opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
- Defines the strategic direction, roadmap and prioritization for global SEO across our consumer and professional products and sites.
- Works collaboratively with product, content, design and engineering teams to build high-performing, scalable SEO campaigns.
- Works in partnership with our analytics and data science teams to forecast, report on progress, and use those insights to evangelize SEO across the company.
- Manages and coaches a team of SEO managers, technical SEOs and outreach specialists. You’re the type of leader who knows how to motivate and get the best out of your team.
- Defines and optimizes team processes to help us scale efficiently and effectively.
- 5+ years of experience (agency or in-house) with a proven track record of delivering world-class, global SEO results
- Experience managing a team of 5 or more people.
- Exceptional presentation and narrative compression skills.
- Mastery of various marketing attribution tools and systems. Ex. Botify (or similar), Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Branch, Tableau, etc.
- An analytical and strategic thinker. You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Nice to Have
- Experience in consumer growth or product management is preferred, but not required.
- Experience building internal tools to drive SEO results is preferred, but not required.
- Have a passion for crypto and blockchain technology.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know