See all jobs
Jan 5th, 2022
Client Engagement Tactical Project Manager
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Our mission is to accelerate crypto adoption and it’s critical that we provide an outstanding support experience to our clients in order to accomplish our mission. Our support offering is our key differentiator, and we are continuing to invest in building exceptional service for clients around the world via all of our support channels - online, chat, email and on the phone.
Kraken Client Engagement (CE) is seeking experienced Tactical Project Managers who are eager to work in a fast paced, data driven environment to join our team. This role will collaborate across departments, managing cross-functional roadmaps and facilitating the intake of new initiatives to support our mission of providing tailored, reliable and effortless service experience for our clients. Further, they will establish tracking controls and mechanisms in order to proactively identify, understand and resolve risks and blockers on an ongoing basis.
The Tactical Project Manager must have the communication as well as the counterpart and stakeholder management abilities required to articulate complex and specific needs and consistently drive desired results. A successful candidate will be capable of maintaining a holistic and unbiased perspective, and will be resourceful with a focus on continuously improving processes.
- Maintain and refine internal documentation and resources on initiative intake
- Develop and maintain a RICE initiative scoring model and strategy for initiative intake into the CE project roadmap
- Act as an administrator on all CE project boards and roadmaps, adding new initiatives to them using RICE scores to identify placement, and escalating risks/blockers on current initiatives through to resolution
- Develop and refine approach to communicating and resolving risks/blockers
- Develop and refine a process for escalating and resolving project resource issues
- Regularly share updates on changes/additions to the CE project roadmap with CE leadership
- On a rotational basis in partnership with CE's Change + Project Management team, lead weekly CE Operations stand-up meetings
- 1-3 years of experience in a project. product or program manager role for a large, client-facing organization
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders and counterparts of varying technical familiarity to understand and communicate needs, and to drive desired results
- Eager and proactive in understanding business objectives with a strong attention to detail
- Very organized with a keen eye for continuous improvement of processes
- Highly technically resourceful with an aptitude to leverage tech to streamline work
- Familiar with Kraken products and developments in the cryptocurrency industry, with the inclination to self-educate when necessary
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Passionate about Kraken’s mission
- Prior experience working with Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Agile and Scrum certifications and/or experience is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
Location Tagging: #EU #US #CANADA #APAC #LI-Remote
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know