See all jobs
Jan 7th, 2022
Brand Integrated Media Lead
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Do you obsess communities and stories that sit at the intersection of tech and culture? We at Kraken are building a world class brand marketing org and are looking for people who understand how to build community and brand reputation in compelling, creative and innovative ways. We believe the future is paved by crypto and it will have creativity and culture at the center.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced marketing and advertising executive to join our team to lead our brand integrated media team. This is the team that leverages data and sophisticated modeling to work with traditional and non-traditional media platforms to ensure we are driving the business objectives through paid advertising. This includes TV, Print, OOH, Social, OTT, Display, Audio, Transportation and guerrilla marketing.
You are always curious, seeking to solve problems and finding new ways to connect people around stories. Your team will be responsible for using data and research to develop clear strategic strategy and execution of media plans to drive brand narrative and campaigns. You will work closely with the Growth Marketing team to ensure these brand campaigns result in clear success KPIs that drive business results. You are a leader that can adapt to your situation and will always be there for your team. We focus on quality in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets. Finally, we aim to have fun.
This is a fully remote role.
- You are the global lead that oversees the integrated media team.
- Set strategic vision for integrated media and build quarterly plans that support and accelerate the Brand Strategy offense.
- Work back with other key brand marketing leaders in brand strategy, partnerships and operations to orchestrate full brand initiatives
- Good grasp of art and science when it comes to the consumer and development of culture.
- Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals.
- Understand and communicate data baselines for success metrics and ensure dashboards/reports are socialized and adopted at key checkins.
- Understand the evolving landscape of integrated media and have a firm grasp of how to drive a full funnel approach across online and offline platforms.
- Manage large scale, sophisticated budgets and operate with precision and creativity.
- Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker.
- Create and share intel on competing products and marketing; summarize what is working well and what is not and how we will differentiate ourselves.
- Be an owner: step up and take the lead on challenging, ambiguous work. Ship. We are in hyper growth and everyone is on board this rocketship to drive impact.
- Be on the forefront of culture and innovation in marketing.
- Understand emerging space of culture and embrace new opportunities where advantageous.
- 10+ years of previous experience in digital marketing, media agency, premium brands, digital platforms.
- Has executed large media plans for a premium brand.
- Understand segmentation strategy and how to target consumers in key touchpoint.
- You understand how to communicate complex datasets for executives, but can get into the weeds with your direct reports to ensure we are measuring effectively.
- Has worked on consumer research projects to identify opportunities and help coordinate plans to achieve objectives.
-Concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summaryGood grasp on relationship building with larger parters, agents, organizations
- You have built and led sophisticated, matrixed teams that are distributed globally.
- An amazing pulse on what is relevant in culture and can understand how
- Understand persona work and how to grow a brand through strategic planning and Previous crypto experience not required but certainly a plus!
Nice to Have
- Geo-specific, global client experience in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, EMEA, or Latin America
- You’ve got a couple of moonshot ideas for transforming marketing in crypto
- You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind
#EU #US #LI-AG1 #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know