See all jobs
Jan 7th, 2022
Client Solutions/ Capture Director, States or Local Government
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people. We’re looking for a Client Solutions Manager or Director (often called Capture) to lead Nava subject matter experts in identifying and understanding our government partners' programmatic goals and unmet needs in order to develop compelling solutions, construct competitive proposals and lead winning bids.
Our mission is to partner with government to deliver digital services that make programs simple, effective, and accessible to all. As a public benefit corporation, our intent is not to win as much work as we can, but to design a portfolio that makes the highest leverage progress against that mission.
Working directly with the executive and business development teams, you will help to build the state-component of the leading portfolio of mission-aligned digital transformation work. Day-to-day you will craft and execute successful strategies to modernize government services that support vulnerable populations by building a deep understanding of Nava's current and potential clients, the competitive and partner landscape and each unique procurement. You’ll be responsible for identifying and nurturing client and partner relationships to build agency, program, client and opportunity level-insight in support of Nava's mission and strategic goals. You will engage Nava designers, engineers, product folks, and other subject matter experts, as well as teaming partners to understand the program landscape, develop and validate client insight and deliver compelling, compliant, and competitive proposals.
Who we’re looking for
You are an experienced business development professional who can leverage existing relationships and build new relationships to identify high-leverage opportunities and understand the needs of our customers. You are able to develop and build on client insight to creatively apply Nava’s capabilities and engage our subject matter experts to solve complex problems and work through constraints to propose tailored and compelling solutions.
You’re a strategic thinker and actor, detail-oriented, and able to organize and manage processes, responsibilities, and team operations. You structure client engagement strategies, proposals, documents, information, as well as decision support tooling and infrastructure in a clear and organized way. On each opportunity you empower subject matter experts with varying degrees of familiarity with state or federal procurement by building shared context on the opportunity, leading through clear structure and processes, and helping each team member apply their expertise to contribute to a cohesive solution. You’re at home in rapidly evolving, ambiguous situations and can chart a course forward through uncertainty.
Most of all, you’re excited about designing and/or refining our strategy and processes to help us achieve our mission, not just executing a standard industry playbook. You’re able to see the interactions between various threads of action and work through the tradeoffs. You can tailor existing processes or create new structures to get the most out of a talented and passionate team. You are motivated by making progress against our company mission and are excited to engage our current and potential clients and work with subject matter experts to develop solutions and proposals in support of new opportunities.
About the role
- End-to-end leadership and support for developing opportunities from identification, to developing and validating strategy and solution development with client insight, to writing, pricing, and submission
- Deeply understand customer needs, pain points, and programmatic goals and work closely with subject matter experts to develop a winning solution at the strategic phase, prior to the official release of the bid and refine in response to RFPs
- Build and support the story of Nava’s unique capabilities, expertise, approach, values, and impact to improve bid responses
- Monitor for how broad government needs are evolving over time, in relation to Nava’s capabilities and shape the strategic direction of the company
- Identify teaming partners, lead and negotiate strategic partnerships, and lead the executive team, subject matter experts, and teaming partners in developing feasible, winning solutions, staffing and pricing models for each opportunity
- Take part in hiring activities (e.g., submitting referrals, conducting interviews, and attending interview debrief), as needed.
- Deep experience leading subject matter experts through end-to-end government contracting from developing client insight to long lead preparation to supporting strategic opportunities, to galvanizing a bid team, to proposal writing and management, to pricing strategy to post-award protest and analysis
- 5+ years developing solutions for state (or federal) clients including organizing and developing proposal responses and pricing strategy
- Experience with agile software development on large government programs and complex transformation/modernization efforts
- Ability to guide a multi-vendor team to a winning bid by providing structure while being flexible to new information and gathering input and feedback from across the team
- Ability to build and form strong personal relationships internally and externally. You can bring others into the business development phase, build consensus and build understanding around needs and practices
- A proven ability to establish order, calm, and accountability in the business development practice while managing multiple threads in rapidly-evolving environments
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset
- Highly resourceful, reliable, and detail-oriented
Annual compensation: up to a $160,000 DOE
Perks working with NAVA
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 13 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● NAVA covers 90% of medical premiums & 100% of vision & dental premiums for their employees
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1000 new home office set up budget and monthly phone allowance
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
Remote or from one of Nava’s offices in DC or SF.
Remote work locations: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.