See all jobs
Jan 7th, 2022
Product Manager, Account Security
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
The mission of the Security product team at Kraken is to provide cross functional support in ensuring Kraken builds out state of the art security models and systems, which help to protect clients from having their accounts compromised. Responsibilities include building out data driven models, identifying attack vectors and designing ways to mitigate account compromises based on these.
The product manager will work alongside the security and investigation team, operational teams, intracompany associates, and third party vendors.
- Identify and evaluate security requirements for new and existing products or features
- Identify workflows and typical attack vectors used for compromising accounts such as phishing, malware and brute force
- Utilise data to build out decision models which can be used around security to help prevent account compromises
- Coordinate with cross-functional and global teams to serve the betterment of clients, internal teams, and company objectives
- Design mitigation strategies and defences which can help protect clients accounts and stop unapproved withdrawals
- Clearly document and drive group alignment around product features to enable efficient roadmap execution
- Articulate metrics, requirements, goals, and features to all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee the end-to-end implementation of assigned initiatives
- Stay on top of security developments, industry trends and internal initiatives to drive better decisions
- 3+ years as a project manager or product manager
- 3+ years experience in the security systems either building these in house or via utilising third parties
- Strong knowledge of typical hacking techniques such as phishing, malware and brute force attacks
- Strong experience with data and building decision models or working with them.
- A strong analytical and metrics driven approach to create substantiated solutions, including familiarity with SQL, sheets, and data visualization tools
- Superb organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability and in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- A mindset to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills in the face of multiple evolving issues
- communication skills
- Deep understanding of Product management principles and best practices that focus on solving client needs first, using sustainable efficient solutions, and keeping strong awareness and ownership of the impact on key business objectives
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-Remote #LI-DP1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know