See all jobs
Jan 7th, 2022
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role
You will work on some of the most exciting and challenging legal issues that impact fast-growth, late-stage private technology companies. We will require a highly qualified, team-oriented transactional attorney with experience in VC backed companies, M&A and public company securities filings. Strong preference for individuals with significant VC and M&A experience.
Collaborating closely with business executives, corporate development, legal, tax, HR and finance department colleagues, your responsibilities will include (i) corporate governance, (ii) debt and equity financing, (iii) securities compliance, and (iv) other significant strategic transactions. You will also be responsible for providing prompt, incisive, and practical advice to the business as we rapidly expand the business through international expansion, employment, and corporate acquisitions.
You’ll be joining a growing corporate team in a dynamic and intense environment with broad responsibility. As a whip-smart, forward-leaning, and detail-oriented attorney, you will partner with the business to ensure that we continue to operate the easiest and most trusted platform to buy, sell, and manage digital currency.
This is a fully remote role for an attorney licensed to practice in the United States
- Leading legal work for corporate strategic transactions, including corporate governance and compliance, joint ventures, securities compliance, and debt and equity financing
- General corporate governance includes primarily corporate compliance and observation of the appropriate formalities and formation of the appropriate processes
- Provide creative, innovative, and effective legal solutions for business stakeholders on routinely short timelines
- Be an outstanding collaborator with colleagues in legal, finance, accounting, corporate development, compliance, tax, equity, compensation and other areas
- 8+ years of relevant corporate legal experience at a leading national firm, or comparable in house practice, with exposure to high growth public technology companies
- Excellent project management, negotiation, drafting, and time management skills
- Excellent judgement, analytic rigor, and business pragmatism
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small)
- Must be active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States
Nice to haves
- Passion for the crypto industry
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know