See all jobs
Jan 8th, 2022
Security Engineer - Infrastructure
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The mission of Plaid's Security Operations Team is to secure environments for our employees, development, and services. We achieve this by implementing controls that ensure security in the background, measuring effectiveness, and adjusting controls. We also monitor and respond to issues that occur in those environments, address events, and reduce risk exposure.
As a Security Engineer on the Security Operations team, you will implement security around the cloud and Kubernetes environments that run our SaaS platform. You will investigate mitigating configuration drifts, work with infrastructure to harden and automate security configurations for our Kubernetes (and other) infrastructure-as-code pipelines, and work with product teams as new cloud services are needed as products grow. Major projects may include building automated remediation tooling, refining vulnerability management or network/event monitoring processes across our clusters, and coordinating with the Corporate Security portion of the SecOps team to standardize response processes and improvements.
We're guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we're looking for leaders motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Securing cloud infrastructure and container stacks and ensuring their safe usage for development environments
- Building automation for detecting and responding to security events
- Working with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies to apply security controls before deployment
- Investigating solutions to new cloud service and container use cases and product risks
- Evaluating technologies for improving security defenses
- Integrating security controls across cloud-native and third-party tools
What excites us
- Background working in security engineering organizations, protecting AWS and Kubernetes environments
- History of implementing security best practices across cloud and container stacks
- Familiarity with working with APIs and coding to integrate data from different security controls
- Experience working with Infrastructure teams to develop security into DevOps and Infrastructure-as-Code processes
- Broad familiarity with security operations topics that affect infrastructure, including identity and access, network, vulnerability, and change management
- Familiarity with security frameworks and risk-based security programs
- Experience building tooling around security controls and investigations
- Knowledge of Terraform, Helm, Ansible, Chef and/or other configuration management tools
- Familiarity with Python, Go and/or other scripting/coding languages
- Experience with the risks associated with financial technology companies
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.