See all jobs
Jan 10th, 2022
Accounts Payable Specialist
Quartzy is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing Accounting and Finance team to help support the function to maximize efforts and efficiency.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will do end to end management of accounts payable portfolio by providing administrative and clerical support to the organization. It includes day to day management of all accounts payable activities in a timely and efficient manner along with improving vendor relationships.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Work with our data entry team in India to make sure all invoices are entered in a timely manner
- Accurately review, code and process vendor invoices
- Review and reconcile invoice quantity and unit price discrepancies
- Create SOPs for all accounts payable tasks
- Ensure credit memos are properly accounted for in our system
- Review and resolve any invoice/payment issues by reconciling vendor statement on biweekly/monthly basis
- Resolve all payment related issues with our payment processor
- Yearly processing of 1099 forms
- Maintain vendor files while staying in compliance with accounting policies
- Other accounting duties may be assigned, based on business requirements
What We're Looking For
- 5-7 years of accounting and finance experience working in high volume environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Accounting or Finance
- Team oriented, problem solver and ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented, organized, and a self-starter with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned accounts
- Excellent follow-up and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Zendesk and other various programs/systems/software is a plus
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - We cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Dynamic, transparent, and quirky company culture.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.