See all jobs
Jan 10th, 2022
Quartzy is seeking an experienced Logistics Coordinator to be an integral part of our supply chain operations and to help define our processes as our company scales. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing our shipping costs, driving cost savings and compliance with our suppliers and carriers, and leading initiatives to develop a more robust logistics and transportation strategy for Quartzy. You will be essential in building an agile supply chain and ultimately ensuring our customers are getting the best level of service possible.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
You will participate in daily business execution as well as aid higher-level strategic initiatives. You thrive in an environment where processes aren’t defined, and believe that keeping things organized is an essential part of getting anything done. You are collaborative and solution oriented. Above all else, you are extremely detail oriented. You have experience with both freight LTL and parcel shipments. Shipping costs, procedures, and service types are core fundamentals and you pride yourself on having a proficient understanding of inbound, outbound, and reverse logistics from end-to-end.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Own our monthly freight analysis and complete weekly audits.
- Identify opportunities for implementation of cost savings and process improvements.
- Maintain our carrier accounts and collaborate with our account representative.
- Maintain and distribute our vendor routing guides and purchase order shipping guidelines.
- Perform routine follow-up and effective resolution tactics to settle vendor shipping errors and carrier invoice variances.
- Assist other operations teams with rate quotes, re-bills, and carrier related discrepancies.
- Collect and analyze relevant information regarding performance metrics.
What We're Looking For
- 2-3 years experience in logistics(life science distribution and/or hazardous materials experience strongly preferred)
- Knowledge and application of the principles of supply chain
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Fantastic written and verbal communication ability
- Bachelor's degree
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!