See all jobs
Jan 11th, 2022
Social Media Manager, Kraken Consumer
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Kraken is looking for a Social Media Manager to own Kraken’s consumer social media channels. This role will own execution across all consumer channels, engaging existing and potential customers through timely, dynamic, interactive, and engaging social content.
You will design social media content and develop social relations to grow product awareness, acquire new customers, and drive traffic/conversion. This role involves working in a dynamic, fast-paced and feedback-driven environment to solve complex business problems where you will be given the opportunity to add value from day one.
- Execute and optimize social media strategy across Kraken’s consumer social channels.
- Determine new social media channel opportunities and test for effectiveness.
- Oversee social research, planning, calendaring, creative development, publishing, moderation, and reporting.
- Monitor crypto trends and social trends to identify engagement opportunities.
- Further develop the Kraken consumer voice to engage the mainstream and new audiences like Gen Z.
- Curate, write, schedule, and interact with social media posts for Kraken consumer channels.
- Interface with and Client Engagement, Growth, Product, Brand and Comms teams.
- Maintain social media tracking, data presentation, and perform optimizations.
- Experiment with ideas to boost audience engagement and promote Kraken.
- Identify target audience and develop tactics to engage existing clients and acquire new Kraken clients.
- 2-4 years of hands-on social media marketing and community management experience.
- You intimately understand social media, including: Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and Snap.
- You live and breathe on social – understanding how social engagement works and how to integrate crypto and mainstream social trends into content seamlessly.
- Ability to transform crypto terminologies into concise social media copy.
- Expert at best practices for the top social media platforms – with a curiosity for understanding new social platforms and tools.
- Proficiency in social media publishing, listening and measurement tools.
- You have a passion for data and can quickly assess market movements to generate content that’s on brand, on point, and sometimes, on the fly.
- You're a storyteller with an eye for detail, and mastery of both technical and aesthetic best practices for copy, images, and video across social platforms.
- Words matter and you pride yourself on your writing and stylistic sensibility. You have a quick wit and the industry knowledge to develop brand recognition in the space.
- You’re mission-driven and naturally member obsessed. You lead with empathy, and make it a mission to use social media as a means to educate, motivate, and build a community.
- You’re motivated, resourceful, agile, and can thrive independently or collaboratively.
Nice to have
- Understand historical narratives in the crypto space and observe current industry events.
- Basic knowledge of link creation for social tracking and attribution.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know