See all jobs
Jan 11th, 2022
Data Security Engineer
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
We are seeking an extraordinary Data Security Engineer who is passionate about data security and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success! This is a technical hands-on role that is focused on solutions we build in data storage security for on-premise and cloud environments.
- Design SQL, NoSQL Data Security architectures to meet Regulatory and Security requirements.
- Research new technologies and solutions to secure data stores in an hybrid multi-cloud environment.
- Design, Develop, Deploy, and maintain software for data store security infrastructure.
- Provide technical mentorship on integrating Security solutions with new and existing environments.
- Participate in periodic evaluation of database architecture to adhere to established security baselines.
- Work independently with limited to no supervision for critical, time sensitive and high visible projects.
- Conduct regular meetings with the multi-functional teams to ensure Security standards are adequately implemented across all data store technologies.
- Recognize that defects and incidents are a precious opportunity to improve, and put processes and tools in place to drive those improvements.
- Experience in Data Store Tech (SQL/NoSQL) in an Architect role with focus on Datastore Security.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Technologies, GCP and AWS. Must be current.
- Extensive experience in Identity and Access Management, Encryption, Log Aggregation plus Analytic domains of Security
- Experience with data science, machine learning in anomaly detection and user behavior analytics space.
- Expertise in log aggregation and distributed monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK etc.
- Good understanding for service-level objectives and ability to measure, report, and we implement them using automation and visualizations..
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies while driving their implementations.
- Self Starter with excellent interpersonal skills, and capable of working with multi-functional teams and varying levels of management.
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-Remote #LI-NT1 #APAC #Canada
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know