See all jobs
Jan 11th, 2022
At Flockjay, we believe that people and companies can achieve their full potential through the power of learning with others. We are on a mission to build the most vibrant community of professionals that empower each other to become the next generation of industry leaders. We have an experienced team from companies like Salesforce, Quizlet, Masterclass, and Teach for America and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Y Combinator, Serena Williams, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing – join us and make a meaningful impact. If you enjoy the challenges and excitement of a growing technology startup and want to sell a product that will make a difference, Flockjay may be the right place for you!
By joining our lean product team, everything you do has the ability to make a real, measurable impact on our students’ careers and lives, and ultimately change the future of education.
- Own the end to the end design process for all our digital products (web and mobile) and the company’s visual brand identity
- Work with product and engineering teams to define and execute our product design strategy
- Take a product idea from exploratory concepts/wireframes to pixel-perfect UI and design specs
- Ruthless prioritization and willingness to make hard tradeoffs to ship features early
- Comfortable in a growing startup, can balance many projects simultaneously and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Communicate with the team and potentially with users to understand design objectives
- Create wireframes, user flows, sitemaps, and screen flowsCreate detailed high-fidelity responsive designs for the web app
- Create Figma prototypes
- Analyze user and team feedback to iterate designs to better meet user needs
- Communicate with developers and occasionally create specification guides/annotations to support development
- Build and conduct user tests to better understand users’ pain pointsConduct design reviews to help close the gap between design and development
- Occasional ad-hoc design for marketing or internal design needs
- 3+ years of relevant UI/UX experience, bonus points if at a high-growth startup
- Strong portfolio showcasing user experience and visual designs for web applications
- Experience with wireframing, usability testing, information architecture, and prototyping
- Proficient with standard design and prototype tools such as Sketch and FigmaStrong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excitement to take full ownership of product design and ability to design and prototype new and creative approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to develop creative assets for marketing User-centered design approachAbility to develop creative assets for marketing
- Passion for education and access to economic opportunity for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds
What You’ll Bring
- Belief: you believe in what Flockjay is doing to empower upward mobility with access to future-proof jobs in tech
- Prior success: you have at least 3-5 years in a UI/UX role
- Creativity, Optimism, and Energy - your energy and enthusiasm for our mission and our sales reps-in-training are contagious
- Grit: you’re willing to take the initiative and work autonomously, knowing you have the full support of the team
- Organizational Skills: you’re able to juggle multiple initiatives with ease and make sense of ambiguity
- EQ + IQ: you’re able to quickly build relationships with others and empathize with their challenges or needs
Life at Flockjay
We believe diversity is a strength and difference as a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel represented and belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will develop better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team. Tell us about why you feel you’re the right fit!