See all jobs
Jan 13th, 2022
Security Project Manager - AAVA
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
Kraken is looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage people, tasks, priorities, and the execution of security projects in our Architecture, Application Security, Vulnerability & Asset Management Group.
What you'll do:
- Support the security first mindset of Kraken by aiding security teams in scheduling one-off and series of meetings with internal and external parties; deftly manage conflicts and prioritize time utilization
- Maintain an active list of Internal/External team contacts and ownership of responsibilities
- Act as an administrator on all projects and roadmaps, adding new initiatives and escalating risks/blockers on current initiatives through to resolution
- Develop and refine approach to communicating and resolving risks/blockers
- Assist a variety of stakeholders in the effort of developing team strategy and metrics
- Ensure appropriate confidential awareness is applied to contacts with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Prepare, catalog, distribute materials, reports, and other executive content
- Additional tasks and assignments: such as tracking invoices, mailings, packages, etc.
- Be a reliable and trustworthy source for employees, making teammates’ work more efficient and productive
Who you are:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you get to utilize your resourceful, and creative problem solving nature
- Competent in organizing multi-stakeholder and multi-timezone meetings and events
- Able to deal with conflicting priorities with ease and confidently communicate with staff at all levels
- Familiar with Mac OS, Slack, Gmail, Google Calendar and Zoom
- Highly tech savvy with strong emphasis on cyber security and privacy
- Self-starter yet seek and enjoy the opportunity to collaborate with others
- Detail oriented and analytical, with the ability to follow-through
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment with tight deadlines
- Compassionate and caring to make the company culture and experience better for all team members
- Knowledge of other languages and a basic understanding of Keynote and Excel would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-Remote #LI-NT1 #Canada
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know