Software Engineer – Automation & Orchestration
Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Plex is more than a software company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart manufacturing.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone. That’s where you come in.
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products.Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our application team and play a key role in helping build the Plex Automation and Orchestration product. Your role is hands-on with exposure to different aspects of the product – API, UI, business logic, SCADA, and more. You’ll wear many different hats, so we’re looking for engineers that like to explore, learn, and innovate!
Preferred location is Troy, MI but highly qualified remote candidates will also be considered.
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT?
- Design and develop the product, evaluate new use cases, write connectors to 3rd party products, and establish data flows between Plex and its product stack.
- Collaborate with other developers, managers, customers, and stakeholders
- Strengthen the security, stability, and scalability of the product for existing solutions
- Write web applications for the front end
- Write Java code for the Tridium back end
- Build custom web pages based off customer specifications
- Create pages interacting with Tridium Niagara wiresheet (SCADA integration)
- Create Java objects for use in web templates
- Test web applications manually or through automation
- Maintain Java objects for web transactions/RESTful API calls
IS IT IN YOU?
- Computer Engineering degree with 3+ years of software development experience, ideally within Java
- Object-oriented programming such as C#, C++, Python, PHP or Java, etc
- Full stack skills or comfortable working in multiple domains
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol & web sockets
- Knowledge of Java Streams
- Ability to solve business problems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Preferred skills:
- Knowledge of Tridium Niagara
- Knowledge of the Velocity template language
- Personal/professional experience developing and maintaining web sites
- Experience working within a team
- Experience working in an agile environment
- General knowledge:
- RESTful APIs
- Quality testing
- SQL databases as an end user
- Web security & best practices
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
In addition to all the benefits you’d expect from a world-class company like ours, we also offer Day 1 benefits, career growth and professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, a wellness allowance to support your family’s well-being, sustainable work-life balance, and flexibility. Our multiple office locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary snacks and drinks, and “de-stress areas” complete with amenities in some locations like massage chairs, golf simulator, ping pong tables and more.
Plex values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’ve built to support them, such as our Women@Plex and Pride@Plex groups. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds. Plex urges our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate the differences among people.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page