See all jobs
Jan 13th, 2022
Senior Manager, Finance
At GOAT Group, the Finance team is responsible for managing the company's financial profile. Through analysis, forecasting, long-range planning and partnering with business leaders, our Finance team enables strategic decision-making and helps contextualize financial implications across the company. By joining our Finance team, you will work with a group of thoughtful, insightful individuals, all of whom are committed to solving complex problems and ensuring the continued growth of the company and its platforms.
We are seeking a Senior Manager with excellent communication and strong analytical skills to work closely with the Associate Director and team on strategic analyses, forecasting, and budgeting.
In this role you will:
- Own monthly revenue forecasting for the company, scenario modeling and partner closely with department leaders on the levers that will impact financial performance
- Identify risks and opportunities to the forecast and work with the business to provide financial insights to assist with decision making on strategic initiatives
- Partner with the team and business leaders to create our financial review to present to executives on a monthly basis
- Manage budgets for key functional teams by partnering with business leaders and ensuring sound financial decisions are made
- Opportunity to manage and develop junior member(s) on the team
- Support special projects that will help automate internal processes and improve efficiencies
- Other ad-hoc strategic analyses and work across the business, as necessary
We are looking for:
- 7+ years experience in corporate finance, investment banking, or strategic finance at a high growth startup or well established company
- Familiarity in Technology, Ecommerce, and/or Marketplace business models, including omnichannel sales models (web, mobile, and retail)
- Resilience and flexibility to the demands of working in a fast-growing start up, including the need to adapt, build, and learn new aspects of the business as necessary
- Exposure to NetSuite and/or other accounting systems a plus
- Advanced Excel modeling skills. Familiarity with building complex financial models and manipulating large datasets to help the company make strategic recommendations
- SQL proficiency (or a willingness to learn) a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills with a formidable attention to detail
- Healthy curiosity to understand all aspects of the business
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive cross-functional execution on business goals
- Elevated pride of ownership in work product
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.