See all jobs
Jan 14th, 2022
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Quartzy is seeking a Lead QA Engineer to work in lead role across our exciting product development teams creating a truly exciting future of the connected lab for our current and future customers of Quartzy! In this role you’ll be playing a lead role in promoting and establishing best practices, and building quality systems and automation alongside our software engineers and agile delivery team members.
The ideal person for this role will have prior SaaS experience operating in a QA leadership role within an agile delivery model partnering with software, devops, and QA engineers in a tight-knit team as well as engaging with product managers, support team members, and other key business stakeholders operating as an advocate on behalf of our users to ensure our products work are meeting define requirements and delighting our customers. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for quality, is a self-starter, can take projects from start to finish, and most importantly possesses an infectious passion for delivering high quality products for our customer. The team member we’re looking for has experience working in a hybrid QA model that includes a mix of manual and automated testing approaches. Additionally, you’re motivated by our mission to accelerate the Life Sciences industry by building high quality tools to accelerate research & development.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Lead definition and design our manual and automated test management approaches, tools, and processes for our QA squad. Develop and maintain standards for managing the QA documentation and deliverables.
- Drive the process for selecting test automation tooling and build automation frameworks and scripts for our platform, websites, databases, APIs, and mobile product offerings.
- Work with the Engineering team to integrate regression test automation into the CI/CD process delivering software to our customers multiple times per day.
- Participate in product design reviews and sprint planning, providing input on functional requirements, product design, schedules, or potential risks.
- Document software defects using a Jira based bug tracking system,and report defects to software developers, customer support teams, and other managers or leads. Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Advise, mentor, train, and assist QA team members in the organization at other skill levels to ensure timely releases of highly tested and high quality product features. Review the work of other QA Engineer’s to ensure quality, appropriate coverage, remediate gaps.
- Participate in knowledge sharing opportunities and contribute to the overall growth and collective knowledge of the team
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of experience performing a combination of manual and automatedQA testing, preferably for a SaaS product
- Experience working in an agile delivery team model incrementally delivering and testing product capabilities and familiarity with team based sprint ceremonies and planning
- Experience converting manual to automated tests and being able to make recommendations for improvement
- Successful track record of building test automation that is scalable, reusable, extendable, and maintainable in frameworks such as Selenium, Python, or BDD frameworks such as Cypress, Cucumber, Fitnesse, or SpecFlow.
- Experience working with containerized/orchestrated application stacks and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of XML/JSON including the ability to understand/manipulate XML/JSON files
- Ability to write SQL queries including CRUD operations and JOINS
- Able to work independently with an entrepreneurial approach making decisions without a lot of direction; possess a high sense of urgency
- A strong communicator, both electronic and verbal, and can easily explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Have a history of staying current on best practices in technology and advancements in QA automation
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!