See all jobs
Jan 14th, 2022
Crypto Research Associate
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe. Kraken is expanding its Intelligence team! This is an opportunity to join Kraken’s inhouse team of research experts focused on providing industry insights for market participants and for internal business decisions. As a member of Kraken Intelligence, you will be tasked with exploring and analyzing industry trends, producing highly impactful and original content, working internally with key stakeholders, supporting colleagues, and growing the Intelligence brand. As crypto, Kraken, and the Intelligence team grows, so will you.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who is highly ambitious and is not afraid to approach difficult questions, collect and analyze large quantities of data, and deliver concise, actionable reports. Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn is a must; you should be passionate about exploring all corners of crypto. Interested applicants must be capable of multi-tasking and wearing multiple hats.
Kraken Intelligence prides itself on being a group of open-minded individuals interested in finding answers, optimizing for the best result, and not letting one’s ego get in the way of decision making. While we are laser focused on providing value both internally and externally, we also like to have fun!
- Support the Manager of Kraken Intelligence in conducting research, unpacking industry developments, and monitoring market trends
- Spearhead external research efforts and develop differentiated content based on research, analytics, and related insights
- Contribute to the team’s content ideation, dissemination strategy, and brand awareness initiatives
- Analyze and produce managerial reports for research KPIs
- Work with other teams in a generalist capacity, as needed
- Support other functions, including corporate and business development, to identify and capture additional value-enhancing opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field and at least 2+ years of relevant work experience in equity research, investment banking, venture capital, strategy consulting, economics, computer science, or a similar capacity
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and proven ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Existing knowledge of the cryptoasset industry
- Exceptional research and analytical skills and advanced proficiency in Excel
- Detail-oriented with emphasis on quality
- A team player that works well with various functions across the company and can work independently
- Experience with cryptoasset or traditional market analysis
- The ability to think critically under pressure, simultaneously maintain multiple workflows, and deliver against aggressive deadlines
- Experience with APIs, HTML, Python, SQL, and/or Tableau (or other data visualization tools)
- An understanding of smart contracts, cryptography, tokeneconomics, blockchain technology, and Web 3.0.
Location Tagging: #EU #US #APAC #LI-Remote #LI-BL1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know