See all jobs
Jan 14th, 2022
KX Operations Manager
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role:
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. We are now hiring a People Operations Manager to join our diverse and forward‐thinking global company. The People Operations Manager will add value to Kraken by ensuring that the Krakenite Experience is world class from their first days as a Krakenite all the way through their entire Kraken lifecycle. The People Operations Manager will have top level support to iterate on or build from scratch awe inspiring, best-in-class people programs and initiatives.
This is a great opportunity for an HR professional who has already thrived in creating the best‐in‐class people experiences in high‐growth organizations and who wants to get involved in an industry that is changing the world!
The KX Operations Manager will oversee, build, and coach a team on the following core areas:
- HR General Requests (i.e. HR ticketing system)
- HR Policy and Compliance Management
- Workday maintenance and streamlining alongside the HRIS team
- Public readiness initiatives as they relate to HR
- Offboarding & Exit Interviews
- Research, development, and execution of our global workforce strategy
- HR Investigations and Conflict Resolution
- Visa/Immigration and Global Mobility
- Additional programs/policies/processes relating to the mid and end of the Krakenite life cycle
- Supervise, coach, and develop a distributed HR operations team
- Create, enhance, and successfully communicate global and regional policies, as appropriate, for disciplinary procedures, internal investigations, and a plethora of other high impact domestic and international employment policies and procedures
- Drive the Ops team to create in-depth analyses of feedback and outcomes that demonstrate a forward thinking, action oriented, and flexible approach to iterations
- Conduct and oversee investigations to ensure the successful resolution of Krakenite Relations issues in a timely, well-documented manner
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, professionalism, fairness, and confidentiality regarding HR personnel matters and job performance
- Foster productive relationships with other departments (especially Legal, Finance, Security, and Business Operations & Strategy)
- Provide proactive thought leadership on best practices when it comes to people systems and operations that enhance the overall Krakenite experience
- Drive the development of a world class, collaborative, analytical, and people centric HR operations team
- Partner and collaborate with the international HR Operations team
- Assist in the research, development, and execution of our global workforce strategy, as needed, ensuring we support our global workforce in a consistent manner while mitigating any unacceptable risk
- Own, enhance, and manage a best in class team to deliver exceptional customer service to all Krakenites via our KX Service Desk
- Ensure that in all things the Krakenite Experience is at the forefront
- 5+ years of HR operations leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Proven experience in HR policy and procedural documentation development, drafting, and maintenance
- Understanding of HRIS systems design, HR reporting, workflow, and auditing requirements (experience with Workday strongly preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities/projects without losing attention to detail or a positive attitude
- Completely at ease in an ever changing fast paced ambiguous environmentExtremely flexible, open-minded, and creative when it comes to developing and maintaining HR protocols
- Relentlessly devoted to the ‘people experience’ in all things
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Tech-savvy with an appreciation for privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
Location Tagging: #EU #IRELAND #UK
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know