See all jobs
Jan 20th, 2022
Pay: $100,000 - $110,000
Our mission is to partner with government agencies to deliver digital services and infrastructure that makes programs simple, effective, and accessible to all. As a public benefit corporation, our intent is not to win as much work as we can, but to design a portfolio that makes the highest leverage progress against that mission.
Nava has a role in every important program that serves vulnerable populations and can apply industry-level ecosystem pressure to transform service experiences, program outcomes, and agency adaptability.
Position type: Full time, exempt.
The Financial Analyst will work closely with company and project executives, internal business partners, and the finance and accounting team to lead financial and project analysis. The Financial Analyst is the main driver of day-to-day responsibilities including FP&A, project control, financial reporting and modeling, and decision support. The successful candidate is extremely adaptable, a strategic problem solver, and able to identify key tradeoffs in multidimensional problems. This person will report to the Company Controller and work closely with the CFO. You will work as part of a remote-first team to deliver the highest quality internal support and solutions to employees at scale in a fast-growing company. Critical to this role will be the ability to comfortably operate in a growth-oriented environment and use broad analytic skills to support Nava’s business and operational growth. You are a resourceful and independent thinker who uses this ability to translate vision into execution while maintaining a close eye to detail.
Role and Responsibilities:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Perform detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of Nava’s key business objectives and priorities
- Provide business plan development and assist in performing accounting and financial due diligence activities in support of Nava’s strategic initiatives
- Communicate regularly with management to discuss business needs, respective objectives, and gather data for analysis
- Conduct research and collect benchmark data reviewing the accuracy of data from a variety of sources (e.g., survey data, industry benchmark data, public statistics)
- Develop flexible models that can be used across the company, including the company-wide financial planning model
- Assist in the month-end reporting process, budgeting, invoicing, and planning, particularly across a range of government contracts
- Utilize the accounting system’s reporting capabilities to automate financial reporting and budgeting
- Develop dashboards to track financial and operational KPIs
- Prepare written documents, reports, and presentations that summarize and graphically represent quantitative findings
Pricing and Project Control
- Delivery ongoing project control support across a range of government contracts
- Perform financial modeling for pricing strategies for bids and new services, rolling and dynamic forecasts using sensitivity analyses and levers
- Prepare and present ongoing analyses on budget vs actuals and financial and operational trends
- Support various operational initiatives across other departments, particularly Business Development, Project Finance, and Corporate Development
- Prepare executive presentation materials and assist with company and project leadership briefings
- Proficiency in GSuite, Slack, Zoom, Excel, Apple computers, and other tools used to support a remote-work environment
- Experience with a federal government contractor is a plus, as is experience with software used to manage government contracts (Unanet experience preferred)
- Strong budgeting and reporting skills, as well as solid understanding of cash flow management
- Analytic and modeling skills as well as familiarity with income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows
- Ability to use broad business skills, looking beyond numbers to business trends and drivers
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities with demanding timeframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset
Years of Experience:
5+ years of finance and accounting experience, preferably with growing professional services companies
Salary Compensation: $100,000 - $110,000
Perks working with NAVA
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 13 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● NAVA covers 90% of medical premiums & 100% of vision & dental premiums for their employees
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1000 new home office set up budget and monthly phone allowance
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
Remote or from one of Nava’s offices in DC or SF.
Remote work locations: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.