See all jobs
Jan 26th, 2022
Principal, Pricing & Marketplace Strategy
Contrast Security Ranked One of the Fastest-Growing Companies in North America on the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations, to production.
The Head of Pricing and Marketplace Strategy will report to the Head of Product Marketing and be a member of the GTM leadership team. You will partner closely with the CPO, CRO, CFO, and VP of Customer Success, as a valued business partner in driving cross-functional, strategic planning and delivering business insights for all GTM functions.
This position can work remotely anywhere in British Columbia, Canada
As the Principal of Pricing & Value Strategy, you will lead key initiatives to drive our GTM strategy. In the first year, that will include, but not be limited to:
- Pricing & Packaging: Implement a segmented pricing strategy that is optimized for our various target markets
- Marketplaces: Successfully monetize our products through key partner marketplaces
- Business Value Engineering: Establishing a business case development and ROI measurement discipline within the Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure prospects are able to fully support in getting funded and customers are seeing value from our platform
- Business Planning: Lead the annual planning process that includes bottoms-up product level business plans, incorporating ARR and Revenue targets, headcount planning, resource allocation
- 7+ years of experience in pricing, strategy consulting, strategic/corp finance, FP&A, investment banking, or equity research, preferably at either a high-tech or enterprise software company
- Proven business partnership experience with C-suite executives and the demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership to various functions
- Strong understanding of value-based pricing theories and analytical methodologies
- Experience pricing and driving revenue through cloud marketplaces
- Strong understanding of value engineering and ROI modeling methodologies within enterprise SaaS
- Broad business acumen, with a strong strategy and data analytics background
- Experience working in a hyper-growth startup environment, preferable with experience in late-stage growth or post-IPO
- Demonstrated ability to balance strategic initiatives and operational execution
- Deep understanding of SaaS sales environment and GTM functions, as well as company and GTM financial metrics
- Strategic consulting experience preferred
- MBA preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Monthly healthcare stipend
- Stock options
- Paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
* We could support remote work in most states except Colorado.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.