See all jobs
Feb 3rd, 2022
Software Engineer - Mobile
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The mobile team sits at the center of Plaid’s mobile products and strategy. We provide mobile SDKs for customers to quickly and easily integrate Link into their applications so that their customers can begin to use the services they provide. In addition, we help all teams at Plaid utilize the power of mobile platforms to build their products through discovery, design and implementation.
In this role, you will optimize our mobile build systems to increase the development velocity of our mobile team. You will manage the release process of our SDKs to get the latest and greatest features into their apps. And finally, you will improve our internal and external sample apps and develop a strategy to support all of our mobile customers by exploring and evaluating new technologies
We're guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we're looking for people motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Building mobile SDKs that are used by the top fintech applications and seen by millions of consumers
- Learning about the latest and greatest technologies and trends in mobile development
- Optimizing build tools and processes to enable the mobile team to build even faster
- Building a strong mobile development community with our partner developers
- Joining a remote team and a company with an amazing remote culture
What excites us
- An understanding of the complexities and challenges of mobile development and SDK development
- Experience with Android including Kotlin and gradle
- Experience with iOS including Swift and the XCode build System
- Experience with React Native
- Nice to have: Experience with other mobile frameworks such as Expo, Flutter, or Ionic
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.