See all jobs
Feb 7th, 2022
Senior Software Engineer
Spreedly is the world’s first, and leading, Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
Connecting to multiple payment services, known as payment orchestration, is the new standard. With Spreedly’s PCI-compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to multiple payment services simultaneously, optimize their payment stack, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
The Senior Software Engineer position is a senior role, engaging engineering excellence in a highly collaborative group of business-minded technologists - that seeks continuous improvement in self and others - and giving back to the customers and community.
This is a great opportunity for a senior industry professional to apply their industry and academic experience, engage with engineering management, senior engineers, architects, to drive concepts to customer delight in an agile fashion.
You will have the opportunity to own projects and influence design and architecture and will be the driving force behind the delivery of multiple business objectives that leverage and extend our technical platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong programming skills.
- Experienced in working with Ruby on Rails applications
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to quickly get up to speed in a Ruby development environment.
- Ability to learn new tech as necessary.
- Ability to operate semi-autonomously, sorting your own immediate priorities.
- Data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, databases, SQL, web programming, design patterns, SOLID principles, cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- 2+ years Ruby on Rails development experience
- 3+ years web development, UI/UX technologies.
- 5+ years REST services, SOA, micro-services.
- 5+ years unit testing, mocking frameworks, automation frameworks.
- DevOps mindset – 3+ years’ experience in a mature CI/CD SDLC environment, implemented exception handling, logging, monitoring, performance measurement, operational metrics knowledge.
- 3+ years experience working in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork, and influencing skills are required.
- Open source contribution, repositories, personal projects.
- Participation in communities of interest, meetups.
- Certifications in technology, agile methodologies.
- Prior experience in agile implemented at scale across multiple teams globally.
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Spreedly has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all in office and in-person company meetings, including mandatory quarterly all hands event.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.