See all jobs
Feb 10th, 2022
Data Scientist - Growth and Marketing Data Team
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team:
The mission of the Data Science team at Confluent is to serve as the central nervous system of all things data for the company: we build analytics infrastructures, metrics, insights, and models, to empower data-driven thinking, and optimize every part of the business. There are limitless opportunities for an ambitious data scientist to make an immediate and meaningful impact within a hyper-growth company.
About the Role:
As a member of the Growth and Marketing Data team, the Growth and Marketing Data Science Manager is responsible for building and managing a team of talented data scientists and B/I developers in India. With your team, you will work across the Marketing organization to build data products and provide insights to inform marketing strategy. This role requires strong technical skills, business acumen, excellent communication skills, and leadership to succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Define Marketing success metrics, build/maintain dashboards to monitor the health of our marketing, and understand changes to our KPIs
- Partner with Marketing teams and operation partners to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities by analyzing data and extracting useful Marketing insights
- Collaborate with other data scientists across our organization to share best practices, learn new analytical techniques, and champion an organizational culture where data is central to decision making
What We're Looking For:
- + 2 years of experience in data science and analytics
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python (or R) (+1 years of experience)Proficiency in data visualization (eg. Tableau, R-shiny, Python, Metabase, Looker, Matlab, etc.)
- Experience visualizing data and building dashboards. (eg. Tableau, Metabase, Looker, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to translate business requirements into analytical questions
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements, and deliver insightful analysis and/or models; ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
What Give You An Edge:
- Experience and/or knowledge in experimental design and applied statistics (i.e. A/B testing) and machine learning in an industry setting
- Experience in developing measurement across marketing activities
- Experience working with Go-to-Market or Marketing domain: web analytics, attribution, Marketing funnel, channel optimization, LTV modeling, etc.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.