See all jobs
Feb 10th, 2022
Data Scientist -
About this role We’re excited to say that this is a fully remote role with eligibility to work anywhere in the United States. While you will get together with your team on a semi-regular basis (monthly or quarterly, depending on the team), we want you to thrive wherever you work best!
As a leading destination for learning and teaching online, Udemy strives to create new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. Udemy is looking for data scientists with a combination of quantitative skills- and business intuition to find actionable insights that drive key business decisions.
As a Data Scientist at Udemy, you will be partnering with business leaders, product managers, marketers, designers, and engineers to identify, scope, and execute data-driven analyses to drive business impact. You will serve as a subject matter expert, especially while working with other data scientists and act as a data evangelist to create a data-driven culture across the company. Success in this role requires a combination of business intuition, practical data analysis experience, experimentation acumen, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
Here Are Some Questions You Could Be Working On in UB Product:
- How do we measure the causal relationship between administrator usage of Learning Insights and annual recurring revenue?
- How do we effectively design and implement randomized controlled experiments in the enterprise context?
Here Is What You Will Be Doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to inform business decisions
- Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader in your domain and help drive the data science roadmap
- Effectively communicate and present to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Design and analyze randomized controlled experiments and conduct ad hoc analyses
- Define metrics and build dashboards to track health of your specific domain
- Develop robust data pipelines and continuously improve the quality and accessibility of data
- Proactively influence prioritization through data-driven insights
- Develop end-to-end modeling solutions
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We Are Excited About You Because You Have:
- At least 2 years of industry experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Strong business intuition and judgement
- Exceptional data storytelling and data visualization ability
- Broad knowledge of applied statistics, experimental design, and causal inference
- Expert SQL ability and proficiency with 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
- Familiarity with data pipeline building (e.g. in Hive, Spark) and workflow tools (e.g. Airflow)
- Ability to work autonomously, relentlessly prioritize, and collaborate with team members across time zones
We Are More Excited About You Because You Have:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with machine learning and causal inference
- Familiarity with standard software engineering practices (e.g., Scrum)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, Chartio, or Tableau)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is publicly traded and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Udemy in the News