See all jobs
Feb 10th, 2022
Software Engineering Manager - Enterprise
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Enterprise team creates products for Plaid’s largest customers who have unique product needs because of their scale and product maturity. We are a highly collaborative, remote-first team whose work spans a variety of technologies, services and product areas at Plaid. Our API and most of our backend services are written in Go, and our frontend components are built in Typescript using React. Although we love trying new technology as individuals, as a team we're pragmatic in our choices, favoring the right tool over the flavor of the month.
You'll lead a team of 5-10 engineers. You'll work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams across the company to bring our enterprise products to life.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead the Enterprise team, working with Product, Design, Marketing, and Revenue functions to define a long-term vision and strategy for our enterprise layer. You will drive the team’s execution of that strategy. You will support a high performing team of full stack engineers, and hire and grow that team to tackle new enterprise initiatives.
What excites you
- Creating new products with direct input from customers.
- Building a great team culture around ownership, collaboration, and impact.
- Connecting common customer needs into a holistic enterprise layer.
- Working with Revenue, Product, Design and Marketing functions to solve real customer problems.
- Building Plaid’s enterprise engineering team from the ground up.
What excites us
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, with 4+ years as a full stack software engineer.
- Experience solving customer problems with a cross functional team.
- Prior experience coaching and bringing the best out of an engineering team.
- A problem-solving mindset and a willingness to step outside your lane when needed.
- Nice to have: Experience building enterprise products.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.