See all jobs
Feb 16th, 2022
Office Operations Associate
Pay: $50,000 - $58,000
Our mission is to partner with government agencies to deliver digital services and infrastructure that makes programs simple, effective, and accessible to all. As a public benefit corporation, our intent is not to win as much work as we can, but to design a portfolio that makes the highest leverage progress against that mission. Nava has a role in every important program that serves vulnerable populations and can apply industry-level ecosystem pressure to transform service experiences, program outcomes, and agency adaptability.
Position type: Full time, exempt.
This role will have a major impact on team culture so your vision and contributions of the ideal office and working environment is critical. You'll work with the Business Operations Lead to execute on a variety of business operations responsibilities including events, office management, day-to-day operations, and administration. You care deeply about improving efficiency and impact but always keep your mind open to new approaches to problem solving. You'll be contributing to operations in all Nava office locations as well as supporting remote employees by championing improvements to the office environment and culture and contributing to overall business operations as part of a bi-coastal team. You'll set high standards for operations efficiency and follow-through, and incorporate feedback and input from the wider team. The Office Operations Associate will be a part of the Business Operations team, and will collaborate with members of the finance team.
What You’ll Do
● Work with the Business Operations Lead to execute on strategies to fine tune all Nava office environments
● Coordinate day-to-day office operations across three locations
● Be the office point of contact with our landlord, contractors, laborers and other vendors as needed
● Proactively seek team feedback about our office and working environments
● Collaborate with wider team and the Business Operations Lead to execute office changes, moves and expansions as needed
● Execute event management planning & implementation as required
● Organize and oversee internal team events, meals, and orders
● Proactively seek feedback and keep a pulse on event participation and satisfaction
● Collaborate with recruiting and communications teams to organize and execute recruiting and community events
● Assist with other event planning and logistics as needed
● Contribute to business operations policy development and fine tuning as required
● Contribute to and execute on software, tooling and security initiatives as needed
● Be the point of contact to execute all tooling and software requests
● Contribute to the maintenance of office operations and project travel budgets
● Coordinate company inventory systems and maintenance as required
● Perform additional administrative and IT support duties as required
● Apply a proactive and organized approach to office and business operations across all Nava locations
● Support ongoing office management including logistics, events, orders, supplies, inventory, security & IT
● Support calendar and event management for the business operations team as required
● Collaborate with a bi-coastal team and contribute towards a consistent, efficient and culturally conscious business operations team and policies
● Contribute to Nava’s financial health through accurate budget tracking, reporting, and reimbursing expenses
● Manage and oversee business inventory and assets
● Support employee onboarding and offboarding
● Interview candidates as needed
○ Experience with organizational software such as G_Suite
○ Comfort managing basic IT, e.g. A/V setup and configuration
○ Experience as an office coordinator for at least a 15+ person office
○ Experience planning and executing company and/or team events
○ Highly organized, resourceful, reliable, and detail-oriented
○ Ability to work independently and autonomously within a distributed team while soliciting feedback when necessary
○ Ability to think strategically around trade-offs and short term vs. long term benefits
○ Ability to build and form strong relationships with both the internal team and external vendors
○ An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, curious, and positive mindset
○ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
○ Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
○ Office move and design experience
○ Experience moving mid-size offices (50+), managing logistics, communications and administration
○ Experience working with a collaborative team to design and execute office layout and decor
○ Plan large scale community outreach/speaker/team events
○ Experience planning and executing industry networking, conferences, speaker panels, and/or recruiting events
○ Experience planning large internal events (100+)
○ Working with distributed teams
○ Working with and managing distributed team members
○ Managing multiple office locations
Annual Compensation: Between $50,000- $58,000 DOE
Residency: Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
Clearance: Able to attain and maintain Public Trust clearance or higher (An active green card or citizenship is required).
Perks working with NAVA
20 days of PTO accrued, 13 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave. NAVA covers 90% of medical premiums and 100% of vision and dental premiums for their employees.
16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave.
401k contributions match at 4% of your salary.
Flexible work arrangements.$1000 new home office set up budget and monthly phone allowance.
$2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget.
Equity stock options.
Employee referral program.
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Life and Accidental Death.
Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
Location: Onsite in our Washington DC office (hybrid remote options)
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.