See all jobs
Feb 21st, 2022
Senior Data Analyst - Compliance Systems
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
We are looking for Data Analysts who will play a key role in developing and maintaining internal tools to support critical Compliance functions, including regulatory reporting and reporting to law enforcement agencies. As the ideal candidate, you will have the technical chops to be able to parley with Data Engineers and Software Engineers as well as the ability to work with business stakeholders to understand and frame a problem. Because of the criticality of the regulatory reporting function this role supports, we are looking for an experienced, safe pair of hands and a team member with formidable attention to detail. You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to understanding the real-world context into which you are building.
This role will partner and lead projects with the product and engineering teams, as well as Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and business stakeholders on the compliance team. .
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Build and maintain tools to support automated regulatory reporting.
- Build and maintain tools to support reporting to law enforcement agencies.
- Build new Compliance metrics in response to emerging needs.
- Communicate key results with self-serve tools (dashboards, analytics tools) for Compliance team stakeholders.
- Develop and automate reporting of key performance indicators for Compliance metrics.
- Partner with Compliance Data Scientists to design experiments to test hypothesis to help with idea generation and refinement.
- Collaborate with Compliance Machine Learning Engineers to build key datasets and data pipelines using Python/ETL frameworks.
- 3+ years industry experience in data analytics field
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, scripting languages and database concepts
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts
- Experience with BI Software (Superset / Tableau / etc)
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency ecosystem
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science or related technical field
Nice to have
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know