See all jobs
Feb 24th, 2022
Finance Data Analyst
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role: The Finance team at Kraken is a group of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk and providing the overall financial controls and reporting functions for executive decision making, compliance and audit readiness. Our work contributes directly to Kraken’s
success. The Platform Accounting and Analytics department (PAA) within Finance supports the
vision and mission of finance through the use of data and analytics.
The PAA department within Finance is looking for a Data Analyst who will work closely with
senior leadership within the Finance function to build and manage a cohesive strategy to
enhance the consumption of data and analytics to support the objectives of the Finance function
and in turn contribute to the mission of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the
forefront of a rapidly expanding industry and contribute to the building of the new global financial
This role is 100% remote.
What you'll do:
- Build dynamic data visualizations and aid management decision support
- Perform data analysis and investigation related to finance use cases and liaise with cross-functional groups to resolve issues
- Ensure high data quality, integrity and auditability in the data analysis and reporting operations
- Build scalable and reliable data pipelines that collect, transform, load and curate data from internal systems and databases
- Augment platform data with data pipelines from select external and internal systems
- Support design and deployment of finance data lakes that will act as a central source of truth for the Finance function’s reporting and analysis needs
- Develop automation as feasible to drive data solutions to be as near real-time as possible
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in finance data analytics operations
Who you are:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 2+ years relevant experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or MIS with 1+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with data warehouse technologies and relevant data modeling best practices
- Experience with finance operations, management reporting and regulatory reporting is preferred
- Proficient with data wrangling tools and scripting languages (e.g. Python, SQL etc.)
- Proficient with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI etc.)
- Proficient working with APIs and data querying languages for data modelling and analysis
- Experience in fintech, banking industry or financial markets is preferred
- Experience with cryptocurrencies and knowledge of blockchain technology is preferred
- Working knowledge of project and workstream management tools such as Wrike,Confluence, Jira is preferred
Location Tagging: #EU #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know