See all jobs
Feb 23rd, 2022
Your mission is to help people fall in love!
Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB) is a dating app that’s getting to the heart of meaningful connections. We’re one of the largest independent dating apps in the world, and we’re looking for a strong, seasoned engineer that wants to help build our next generation platform as our app continues to grow in popularity world-wide. You like the challenges of scale and performance, but understand the trade-offs to maintain, refactor, or rebuild each of our existing systems.
Like in any good relationship, we want to cultivate empathy, teamwork, and a celebration of different perspectives. You’ll be working collaboratively with colleagues from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets, and are eager to work together as part of a team to help our daters form authentic connections using our app. You’ll contribute to an app that reaches millions of daters. It’s all part of working toward our company mission: to give everyone a chance at love.
Passion is key, but it’s equally important that you’re excited to work with our product and mobile teams to make positive and impactful changes for our daters. Our job can be deeply challenging, but it’s also immensely rewarding and tons of fun!☕️❤️🍩
About Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to give everyone a chance at love. Instead of asking you to swipe through infinite profiles, our smart algorithm curates only your best matches and sends them to you once daily. Our "slow dating" approach emphasizes savoring each real connection—and even finding delight in the journey. Globally, CMB has sparked thousands of lasting relationships. We were named one of the "Top 10 Dating Apps" by Time Magazine, and "Best App If You're Trying to Marie Kondo Your Dating Life" by Women's Health.
- Build, maintain, and augment high traffic and scalable systems from data storage to mobile client APIs.
- Work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, marketers, data scientists, and mobile developers to improve existing features and build new features
- Provide backend engineering perspective during project planning to help ensure that work is properly scoped and well-defined.
- Ensure that your work is documented, tested, and observable.
- Monitor running systems. Keep an eye on the efficiency and scalability of your code as we look to double our user base in the next year.
- Collaborate with mobile engineers to design clean and extensible APIs
- You have 1-2 years of experience building APIs and web services.
- You have a passion for serving the customer and are an advocate for good user experience.
- You have a good understanding of Python and how to write readable and maintainable code in a production environment.
- You can communicate complex technical concepts both verbally and in writing.
- You love to work with other engineers and jump at the chance to help answer questions or solve a problem for someone else.
- You always take ownership of your tasks and hold yourself accountable to get your work done.
- You have opinions on distributed systems, and understand why they’re hard.
- You understand what it means to engineer for reliability.
- You think about systems not only for the way they work but also for the ways they can fail.
Technologies you'll work with
- Python especially Django, DRF and FastAPI
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Memcached
- AWS Infrastructure