See all jobs
Feb 25th, 2022
Data Scientist - Training Specialist
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 900 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist - Training Specialist (DSTS) to develop and deliver Dataiku world-class learning resources to meet our clients' needs.
As a member of the Educational Services department, which aims to provide exceptional learning experiences to our customers and partners, the DSTS will have two primary missions. The first will be creating and improving the training and certification materials and methods on multiple learning modalities ( online, virtual instructor-led and classroom-based training curriculums ). The second one will be delivering training ( virtually and classroom-based ) and office hours to our customers and partners.
The DSTS must be ambitious, ongoing and tech-savvy, and prepared to learn new skills and work with different profiles and experiences in many exciting fields.
If you are passionate about Data Science and technologies and you have excellent pedagogical skills, this will be a perfect opportunity for you to grow your Data Science and AI technologies skillset. You will be able to master highly advanced technical subjects and develop materials and labs that are concise, accurate and task-based.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop technical courses content and lab exercises, in collaboration with the technical writers, for all the learning modalities.
- Translate complex technical concepts and components into accurate and impactful visual aids in collaboration with the e-learning graphic design team.
- Develop certification assessments (hands-on project on DSS and Multiple Choice Questions) in collaboration with the technical writers for Dataiku Academy.
- Deliver training (remote and classroom-based).
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders such as Customer Success Managers, Partner Managers, Tech Alliance, and subject matter experts (Data Scientist and Architects) to understand our customers and partners' training needs and improve the current training solutions when needed.
- Build and Maintain Educational Services servers.
- Deliver Office hours to support customers.
- Learn and constantly refresh on learning and coaching techniques to deliver training in a way that drives enthusiasm and passion in training sessions.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have a BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Have at least one year of experience working in an Analytics Company.
- Have technical knowledge in critical data analysis areas such as machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, relational database, modelling, SQL, data manipulation and data wrangling. Experience with a programming language such as Python or R.
- Have hxcellent problem solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Have proven ability to explain and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a simple and easy manner. Experience in creating and delivering training (virtually and classroom). Experience developing training resources as user guides and videos is an advantage.
- Have the ability to travel as needed to work with local or abroad teams to deliver training.
- Are aligned with Dataiku's strong culture based on key values: Transparency, Ambition, Excellence, Humility and Empathy.
As an ideal candidate, you are:
- A pedagogue: You have a passion for education and learning. You enjoy learning new concepts and technologies and are passionate about explaining them to others.
- An excellent communicator: You are an excellent verbal and written communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- A Data Rock Star: You have technical skills and the ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and usage of Dataiku. You have a good understanding of Data Science and Data Architecture concepts.
Dataiku is the platform for Everyday AI, systemizing the use of data for exceptional business results. By making the use of data and AI an everyday behavior, Dataiku unlocks the creativity within individual employees to power collective success at companies of all sizes and across all industries. Don’t get us wrong: we are a tech company building software. Our culture is even pretty geeky! But our driving force is and will always remain people, starting with ours. We consider our employees to be our most precious asset, and we are committed to ensuring that each of them gets the most rewarding, enjoyable, and memorable work experience with us. Fly over to Instagram to learn more about our #dataikulife.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org