See all jobs
Feb 28th, 2022
Senior Software engineer MLOps - Reunion Island
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 900 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Developer interested in machine learning and data engineering to join us at Dataiku. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build a cutting-edge product that has a real impact on our customers in one of the most talked-about and impactful areas of the discipline today: MLOps. You will focus on Dataiku DSS’ MLOps capabilities, from automating the retraining, tuning, monitoring and deployment of ML models to the interfaces that allow various stakeholders, with their own skills and role, to collaborate on ML projects.
What we do
Dataiku DSS is an on-premises or SaaS platform that connects together many data science technologies. We work with Pandas, Spark, scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, Kubernetes, and many more. Basically, our technological stack is made up of the latest and greatest technologies from the big data and machine learning landscape.
Side note: we also wrote an O’Reilly book on MLOps!
What you will be doing
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have at least 6 years of experience in software engineering.
- You are interested in machine learning and are not afraid of statistics.
- You are customer-oriented — you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems.
- You know that boosted trees are not only about silviculture.
- You have one or more professional experience building a real product.
- You can mentor less tenured developers, helping them grow both their technical and non-technical skill.
- You are humble and kind.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and you treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty.
(Note : This is a Software Engineering job. We have separate Data Scientist positions open).
- Initial call with the talent acquisition manager
- On-site meeting (or video call) with a software developer or a team lead
- Home test to show your skills
- Final interviews with an engineering manager and a VP of engineering
- An informal interview with a Dataiker to understand our culture
Dataiku’s culture is right for you if
- You want to be able to define your own version of work-life balance - flexible is our go-to word, it applies equally to remote work, vacations and parental benefits
- You need autonomy to thrive - we trust our people, give them space to do their best and stay away from artificial deadlines
- You enjoy spending time with your colleagues and learning from your peers - meet for Friday universities, annual offsites, virtual trivia nights and more
- You like feeling cared about - watch out for the magical Christmas box delivered at home and an unforgettable onboarding week
- You care about giving back - it’s what our Ikig.AI program is all about: Dataikers are encouraged to work pro bono for one or several nonprofits of their choosing
If you want to learn more about our hiring process, you can read this article about our engineering hiring philosophy.
Dataiku is the platform for Everyday AI, systemizing the use of data for exceptional business results. By making the use of data and AI an everyday behavior, Dataiku unlocks the creativity within individual employees to power collective success at companies of all sizes and across all industries. Don’t get us wrong: we are a tech company building software. Our culture is even pretty geeky! But our driving force is and will always remain people, starting with ours. We consider our employees to be our most precious asset, and we are committed to ensuring that each of them gets the most rewarding, enjoyable, and memorable work experience with us. Fly over to Instagram to learn more about our #dataikulife.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com